Project PrissE-Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeh i think charliestheman is rite chrome would look realy good unlike blue or pink

Well, I felt it was best to ditch one set of pink springs. I just couldn't get enough ride height out of them since they were shorter and relatively soft. I swapped out the inside set for a set of stiffer red springs I have so now it has a nice stance even with all the weight on it.

20080429_0660.jpg

My neat n tidy wiring work :) I can't stand excessively long battery leads and I hate splicing wires even more. I went ahead and opened up the ESC and installed brand new leads directly to the board.. Um yeah, that was a PITA... the back of the board is essentially plasti-dipped. I had to score around the edge of the pc board and pull the black rubber coating off before I could do any solder work. Not difficult but I just didnt' expect it.

20080429_0659.jpg

20080429_0661.jpg

I just bought Rob's E-Maxx for me, uh I mean my girlfriend, so I can put the HV Max brushless system in it and have a lot of fun with it on the track. Oops, I mean so she can have a lot of fun with it on the track :L0L:

uh oh, that's like showing Josh a picture of a naked chick.

It popped up in the random gallery today. First time I ever saw it. Posted by the Z-man himself. Our very own Zandor, for whom the OZEC patrol is named.

Finishing up...

Welp, I finally got around to finishing gluing the tires so it's officially RTR now. The only other thing that needed to be done was to cut up the rear RPM bumper as it is not compatible with the roll cage straight out of the package. The mod is not complicated, but simply takes some time and patience in order to look relatively clean. A Dremel with a cut-off wheel is all that was used.

Now it's just time for paint :)

20080504_0662.jpg

20080504_0663.jpg

on the RPM website they show a mod for the bumper to make a scale trailer ball. I think that's really cool, but not sure if it would go with the pink theme, unless it was pulling a pink motor home kinda like the one unique did for Pammy Anderson in pearl. That would be a whole different project.

yeah, I don't think a ball hitch would really fit the scheme here. It's a nifty idea though. Now I just have to start drawing up the paint scheme. I have some ideas in mind. All of a sudden I'm feeling overwhelmed with projects again. I guess I kind of like it that way though.

I think I'm going to do Amber's body (Amber is my girlfriend, and I'm talking about her TRUCK body) in a classy pink vistorials secret scheme. I doesn't get much more girly than that.

very nice, this totally has my girlfriend interested, she is even thinkin about buying HER OWN!!...

I'm soo pathetic when it comes to projects. It's literally been 10 months since I stalld out on this. Well I've finally gotten the itch to paint this sucker so this is the basic theme as it sits now. It will be mostly two-tone, Pearl White over Pearl Pink. Some silver trim between the top and sides and white/black trim around the angular shape which will be Pearl Pink on the inside. I may do a little more with it but I'm not sure yet

20090408_1653.gif

lessen you could get some pink shock socks and put over the red springs.. or white and die them! if not maybe black ones.