Project E-XO1-Maxx finally worth talking about

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgbdwlf2500

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well after going to a better hobby town I finally got the gearing to make the truck as insane as it should be. I'm running the XO1 motor with a Mamba Monster ESC with the cap bank installed. I made an older tmaxx spur work to start with since it was 32p and was running 25/72. Truck ran about 45 or so very controllable. Yesterday after having the cap bank installed we got the gearing to 29/47 mod 1 and holy crap. Whole new truck, uncontrollable at less than half throttle. Hopefully with some work i can have more gearing options, would like to get to a 34 tooth pinion.

Let one of the hobby town guys run it, first thing he did was a standing back flip and didn't let out so it destroyed the front and rear driveshafts and trashed the rear diff. He paid for and fixed all the parts but neither hobby town had the ring gear so its torn down waiting for parts. My phone won't let me post pics so if anyone would like to post some for me I can email or text them.

Here you go...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364764523704.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364764523704.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 126
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364764574146.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364764574146.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 157
Thanks man. Will put more pics and vids when I get it back together. Also went back to that hobby town today and let me use their dremel so I now have the the 34 tooth pinion in it and can go smaller gearing now is 34/47

Last edited:
Thanks trax. With the little bit of playing I got to do I'd imagine it'll do over 70 with the 29/47 gearing. Can't wait to see how it feels with the 34/47. I didn't have time to check motor temps either so that will have to wait until its back together. With the 25/72 gearing motor temp running it wot was only 115 degrees

115 is barely warm. Lots of braking will make it shoot up quite fast, by quite fast I mean really fast especially when the gearing is on the daring side.
Good luck, hope all goes well and everything holds up.
kudos points.

I definitely want to see a video of this thing running, looks crazy.

Hopefully by Thursday it'll be back together nitro. One thing to keep in mind and it seems most people don't know it but the xo1 motor is quite a bit bigger than the 2200kv mamba monster. Its a 1650kv also

Damn that sucks. I let a hobby town employee touch one my trucks ONCE and he snapped a screw in 3 seconds flat and told me "oops you have to drill that out". Never been back since.

Sick freakin maxx though wow, gonna watch the video soon as I can. That has to be a handful lol.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

With the dragster tires its calms it down and it does have the lcg chassis too so its very stable

Couple pics..this is how it is set up in the video
IMG_20130604_220724_422.gif

IMG_20130604_220737_423.gif

IMG_20130604_220811_900.gif

Last edited:
That's a beauty of a SpeedMax! You might want to try to lower it a bit and get a more aerodynamic body for it. No need to fight extra wind resistance if you don't need to. Do those tires balloon at all on you?

Back