Program port / fan port on Hobbywing Max10 SCT does not work anymore?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Turned on the slash today. The motor clicked on as normal, but it wasn't as loud, it was a very faint clicks. I also re calibrated the ESC. The fan was not working. Hooked up my LCD programmer which uses the same port as the fan, and it didn't turn on.

Right now since I wanna run the car, I have the ESC fan running off receiver power by a servo extension.

So I think the program / fan port is dead? No voltage getting to it? I did buy the combo from hobbywing direct back in September. Emailing HW support while at it.

I tried to program from the direct ESC wire that plugs in the receiver, LCD programmer did turn on but programing did not work.

PXL_20230723_154526499.MP.jpg

PXL_20230723_154531189.MP.jpg

PXL_20230723_154535762.MP.jpg

PXL_20230723_154718294.MP.jpg

I read other that were hw fans saying same with hw products .bl was one.tekin guy till the end bummer when they went bye for a few years

I got no answers for you. I'm just curious to hear what Hobbywing will do, or don't do, for you. I know it's a pain, but at least you can use the SET button to navigate through the parameters. Right?

How long before your fan stopped receiving power to it?
+/-/signal wires oriented the correct way in the fan/programming port?

but at least you can use the SET button to navigate through the parameters. Right?
Yes I can. I just don't like it as its a pain. But right now how the esc is setup. Its in my liking so no need to change anything right now.
How long before your fan stopped receiving power to it?
Yesterday it was all fine. 2s Lipos. Fully charged and balanced to 8.4v. Doesn't seem I did anything wrong.
+/-/signal wires oriented the correct way in the fan/programming port?
Yes. Tried both was with the fan, and with the programmer and nothing.
I got no answers for you. I'm just curious to hear what Hobbywing will do, or don't do, for you.
Yea. Last time I emailed Hobbywing, I'm pretty sure I didn't get a response yet. (A couple months ago) Emailed Losi about a few things for the Mini B and so far no response. (Emailed a few weeks ago)
Emailed HW about this issue this morning so we will see if they get back to me by about Wednesday.
Ran it today for 3 battery packs no issue. About 85 F outside. Having the fan running off receiver power at 6v by BEC. So not getting its full 8.4v power, but still works with keeping the esc cool. Motor did get a little hot today but no issue as it didn't go into thermal detection and it wasn't that hot.

Back