Problems after replacing HSN

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docsis76

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I broke the HSN on my Traxxas Nitro Sport. After installing the a new one, I could not get the engine to start. I noticed that the fuel was not flowing from the tank to the carb.

Is there anything special to do when installing a HSN? What is the blue O ring between nut and the HSN for? Does it need to be completely compressed?

I did remove the cooling head, but I am sure that it is back on nice and tight. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

1. How did you break it??
2.Head on wrong!!
3.:):D:hehe:

It hit head on to a car tire. Someone had the same frequency as me and powered on their transmitter :(

How dose that work??? You had to have the body off and at least a 6 inch long needle!!!

Blow into the fuel inlet, if you can't there is a blockage in the carb. Remove the HSN and look for debri.

Hey mx, no need to ridicule the guy because he's trying to fix a broken engine.

Kinda like Scrogg said. Recheck the fit. I'd remove the HSN just to make sure there's no debris in it or in the carb body. When you reinstall it, you want to tighten in just until you feel decent resistance. Don't try to really wrench on it or you'll strip it. Make sure you've opened the needle the appropriate number of turns. If it's not allowing fuel in after it's open, I have to believe something is blocking the fuel path.

I believe the impact of the crash may have cracked it. A few jumps later with normal landings the engine stopped and the HSN was snapped off.

Did you reseal the everything back on?

We're assuming you cracked the carb body. Is that correct? If you just broke the needle, is the tip still stuck in there? We'll need you to be as specific as possible to get you running again.

What do you mean by reseal? I screwed everything back on tight........
To seal a needle housing, you need to use something called Green Slime by Team Associated. You put little amount of it on your needles where the thread is, so it helps against air leaks.

We're assuming you cracked the carb body. Is that correct? If you just broke the needle, is the tip still stuck in there? We'll need you to be as specific as possible to get you running again.

Correct.... I just broke the needle off, everything else looks ok. I did not check to see if the old tip was still in there.

Does everyone use sealant on the threads?

Back