Problem with Blade 180QX

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wacmartin

DAMN TREES
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi everybody, I've had my Blade180QX for a little while now and just starting to have a problem. First one motor wasn't spinning so I went and picked up 2 new stock motors, one CW and one ccw. Well it was a good thing I did cause when I got home 2 motors weren't spinning. I replaced both motors and neither will spin still any ideas?

Also I thought I should note when I flip it upside down the motors that weren't spinning now spin and the ones were wont spin.

It sounds like a problem with the 4-in-1 board has a problem. You might want to give Horizon Hobby a shout and see what they can do to help.

That's what I'm thinking, and depending on what they decide I should do this might end up being sold for parts. I don't plan on replacing the board for $85 Canadian when I bought the quad for $170 shipped on sale.

Are you sure that the motors are in the right spots? Is there anyway to reset/ recalibrate the gyro?

Motors are in the right spot, I replaced them one at a time and the motor wires are colour coded. You can recalibrate the gyros, except you need to get the quad in a stable hover to do that. There's very wet snow on the ground here so i can't really do that outside, and a stable hover with 2 non working motors is going to be hard. Probably to hard to pull off in the house. This weekend the weather is going to be nice I'm going to try to calibrate then. If that doesn't work I'm calling Horizon.

Well horizon can't do anything for me, and I can't say I blame them. Looks like I'm going to sell this quad for parts. I was never really happy with it anyways, the camera messed up about 3 months after buying it, it didn't handle a light breeze very well either. I chock the whole experience up to buyers remorse.

I had the previous version, the mQX and it doesn't handle wind either. The next one, 200QX has the power to deal with light winds thanks to brushless power.

I got it to work! Recalibrated it in stability mode, which was difficult to get it to a stable hover still didn't work. Recalibrated it in agility mode it flew, mid flight switched through all modes it worked. Disconnected the battery to start in stability mode it worked, did that for all modes it worked in all. Now to try and fix the camera, although I hardly used it.

Back