Pro-Line Tire's "Info wanted"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grave

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was @ my HS yesterday 4/03 & I wanted to pick up a set of Pro-Line Tires
IE Big Joe's / Masher's / Trenchers..... So looking over the tire's I was going to get a set of Big Joe's 3.8's but upon futher looking I decided the 3.8's where too big of a tire for my MAXX.. & wound up getting these instead
Trencher 2.8 " tire's only " & Desperado Black 2.8 Rim's the guy @ the HS said the 2.8's will be a better fit for the MAXX But after mounting of my new trenchers the tires wont fit the stock MAXX's hub hex. I think I need to step down a size in hex hub. What part do I need to mount my new trenchers.

2.8s are generally too small for a T/E Maxx. 3.2 & 3.8 are the stock size wheels for a T/E Maxx. Never believe everything a LHS tells you.
The 2.8s probably have 12mm hexes, and are used most often on 1/10th trucks like a Jato/rustler/stampede, not a monster truck. I would return them (with an attitude) and ask the LHS guy just why he even suggested 2.8s would be a better fit for a MT compared to the stock size especially when the wheel hex is a different size.

If you still want to use them you would have to adapt a 12mm wheel hex to the Maxx stub axle.

PM sent to Snook Man " Darn it I knew it " I should of sticked to my gut feeling the 2.8's where too small & was going to buy the 3.2 or 3.8's & your right Snook HS staff may not know themselfs what there talking about...

Back