Pro-Line Suspension Stuff

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brainanator

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, there is the Pro-Trac Kit:

6062-00.jpg

http://www.prolineracing.com/products/ProTrac_Suspension_Kit-475-150.html

------------------------------------------
and then there are the very sexy looking, but pricey Power Stroke Shocks:

6063-01.jpg

http://www.prolineracing.com/products/Power_Stroke_Shocks_Front-484-150.html
http://www.prolineracing.com/products/Power_Stroke_Shocks_Rear-485-150.html

Is anyone running any of these yet? Whats the verdict?

that at the end of the day you've still got a slash, and you can no longer run the stock class ;)

i recently had a chance to race this new set up at short course championship race at mile stone CA and was great first time on the track and this thing would clear the triples like they weren't there and fly right through the whoops which turn out was a great place for me 2 pass out side...iam still dialing it in so all keep you posted but i think this only work great with the power stroke shocks its just good with the stock shocks ...:thumbup1:

very slick looking rig sono, thanks for the input.

The shocks are very sexy!

they are super slick, my buddy just got some. If you dial them all the way up, their super soft, dial it all the way down, and you can barely compress them with two fingers.

I'm guessing that the upper spring is softer than the lower main spring?

With a dual dual rate spring, your "normal" suspension travel is on the bottom. The top spring is for the last bit of compression. So your biggest jump landings will compress the bottom spring, and then pick up the top spring.

ah, so the top spring is firmer than the lower spring, I think that is what I meant to say last time, got them mixed up :p

Yup the bottom spring handles your normal suspension travel whereas the top spring is mainly there to absorb the big impacts

I'd love to hold a pair of these...and squeeze them ;) lol

I just got the kit and will be running this setup tommorrow at my local track. Hopefully it'll be a lot better than stock. I also made my owm lcg chassis that works AMAZING!! Just cut your battery tray out and lower it. I'll post pics and a vid. Now all those SC10 guys are chasing me around!!:p

I put the protrac hubs on, and wow, there is a huge difference over stock. The pics are with my old camera, and i didnt use the right setting, but you can still get the idea. I ordered the rest of the kit, and I have the rear proline shocks coming in tomorrow! I'm running Jato shocks on the front and love it with my LCG chassis.

OMG ran the protrac kit this weekend at my local track and what a HUGE difference. I finished 2nd out of 14 and I was the only slash! I shaved about 2 seconds off my lap times. You could feel the major difference in the middle of the turns and off. It flew extremely stable through the air and I actually had a little bit more off corner acceleration, although I highly doubt it was due to the suspension. If you guys are into racing this is the kit for slash owners to get! I threw my old parts away as soon as i made it back home. Vids to come

That would be counterproductive to the basic premise of a dual-rate spring.

Actually it's not. That is very the premise of a dual rate spring stack.

Here's how it works- The softer (upper) spring works in unison with the lower (stiffer) spring, creating a linear spring rate from full droop (in the air) through roughly 60% of the bump (compression) travel. When the shock is roughly 60% compressed, the upper spring coil binds (becomes fully compressed) and the lower spring's rate is acting on its own. The result is a more plush and compliant ride down straightaways and medium-rough sections, but the ability to soak up large holes and landings from huge jumps due to the heavier rate of the lower spring.

I hope that Pro-Line offers various springs in the near future so that we can really tune these spring stacks.

OMG ran the protrac kit this weekend at my local track and what a HUGE difference. I finished 2nd out of 14 and I was the only slash! I shaved about 2 seconds off my lap times. You could feel the major difference in the middle of the turns and off. It flew extremely stable through the air and I actually had a little bit more off corner acceleration, although I highly doubt it was due to the suspension. If you guys are into racing this is the kit for slash owners to get! I threw my old parts away as soon as i made it back home. Vids to come

According to Pro-Line, the kit actually does help with acceleration. When I drove mine "out of the box", I was amazed at the difference. My SC10 has been officially "shelved". This kit rules!

yea.......what he said...jonpfive...thats a fact:eek:

Back