Pro line pro series transmission

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bman123

RCTalk Racer
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Does anyone know anything about the pro line pro series transmission? Like do they make a differential locker for it? Or is it even safe to use a locker with a VXL3s motor?

I have never crossed paths with a Proline tranny that wasn't junk (I've owned every version), I would go with the Traxxas version of that tranny. Your motor should be able to handle a locker with no problem. It will make your 2wd prone to spinning out, on the flip side your truck will be able to do hyper speed donuts.

I once locked my 2wd Torment diff and broke two (Slash HD) driveshafts in 5 minutes.

I have never crossed paths with a Proline tranny that wasn't junk (I've owned every version), I would go with the Traxxas version of that tranny. Your motor should be able to handle a locker with no problem. It will make your 2wd prone to spinning out, on the flip side your truck will be able to do hyper speed donuts.
You mean the Traxxas magnum trans? That's the only Traxxas one I could find that looked upgraded. It already spins out very easily! The vxl3s is almost to much for 2wd. But I've learned to be very smooth fingered!!! LoL

272R. Sealed diff. Aluminum motor plate. That's what I run in my slash. In my rustler I run the factory older 272 with a planetary diff.

PXL_20240225_203524568.jpg

PXL_20240225_203509591.jpg

PXL_20240225_203423643.jpg
PXL_20240225_203314961.jpg

I wouldn't use a diff locker or slipper eliminator. More stress on the drivetrain as those mods make it like more direct drive.

How do you have a 48p spur gear on it? Did yours come like that? Mine came 32p with the slipper pad built into the spur gear.

How do you have a 48p spur gear on it? Did yours come like that? Mine came 32p with the slipper pad built into the spur gear.
Yeah, the stock Traxxas 2s stuff is 48p. The Pro-Line trans steps up to 32p. My drag Slash has the Hot Racing 32p gearing.

It looked like a 48p on both in the picture. Can I put a 48 on the pro line trans?

It looked like a 48p on both in the picture. Can I put a 48 on the pro line trans?
I'm having trouble finding anything other than a 56t with the type slipper pad that the 32p has on it

I'm having trouble finding anything other than a 56t with the type slipper pad that the 32p has on it
No idea. Not sure why you would want to?

Id like to get a smaller than 56T spur gear. I can't get any bigger than a 19t pinion on it now without drilling out the motor plate or anything I don't really want to

It has that pentagon type slipper pad built into it. I can only find 56t like that.

Attachments

• IMG20240228082359.jpg
    IMG20240228082359.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Can anybody tell me if the standard aluminum case for the transmission will work with the proline pro series transmission?? Its different than the Traxxas transmission case