Pro-Line Powerstroke 6025-00 (Pre-Slash)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D3MON

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know i can't be the only one with these anymore and trying to search online has been excruciating to search for as they have the same "name" as the newer ones released for the slash, (i guess they aren't really that "new").
so with some research and intense squinting at over-zoomed pixelated photos over the past few days have been able to finally find information and more importantly for me part numbers for the Power stroke 6025-00 shocks originally for the T-Maxx/E-Maxx/MGT and later installed on the Tamiya TNX Nitro Pro Model
(i was unable to find a different part number for the Shocks designed for the TNX).
(TNX shocks are easily identified by the machined bottom of reservoir on the By-Pass shock.)
Standard:

TNX:

So onto the Part Numbers:
Proline Powerstroke:
Description:Part #
Shock set:6025-00
By-Pass Shock whole:6025-01
Coil Over Shock whole6025-02
Coil overShock Bodies:6025-21
By-Pass Shock Bodies:6025-22
Top Shock Cap:6025-24
Bottom Cap (Coil):6025-25
Bottom Cap (By-Pass):6025-26
Shock Shafts:6025-27
Rebuild Kit Seals:6025-28
Pistons and Mounts:6025-29
Grey/White Springs:6025-36

Thank you to random Worthpoint pictures i was able to get a part number which led me to this list:
https://media.prolineracing.com/pub/New-Photos/Parts-Accessories/
I forgot to mention in this, it has been confirmed by Pro-Line Racing that the new "Slash Powerstoke" rebuild kit is not compatible.
parts are very difficult to find for these and finding part numbers was almost as difficult.
Hope this list helps someone out!
Please feel free to add something that i may have missed!
-Michael

Last edited:
I remember those. I had the unlimited engineering shocks on my t-maxx's back in the day. Basically modified OFNA 9.5 buggy shocks. Longer than fronts, shorter than rears.

That's some serious sleuthing you did!

Wish the TNX was still around... would love to have a 1/10th 4wd 2speed MT other than a traxxas. Or the mini mgt... dark times we are in... lol!

I remember those. I had the unlimited engineering shocks on my t-maxx's back in the day. Basically modified OFNA 9.5 buggy shocks. Longer than fronts, shorter than rears.

That's some serious sleuthing you did!
just got done cleaning mine on my MGT 4.6 build, and realizing how torn the boots are, the shock oil in them was so bad...

there was so much research and thought put into these, dual springs for soft to firm, and so many possibilities for firmness, threaded shock body for adjustments (dont always like threaded though myself), full aluminum, removable bottom cap, shock boots (they messed up though and didn't from factory fasten it to the bottom besides just pressure), then the reservoirs in themselves, porting in the reservoirs to have progressive dampening, over-sized to house maximum amount of fluid.

Wish the TNX was still around... would love to have a 1/10th 4wd 2speed MT other than a traxxas. Or the mini mgt... dark times we are in... lol!
very very dark times indeed, keep hoping someone else releases another soon here, i guess there is the kyosho mad crusher, (thats 1/10 isnt it?) but for the price.
used to have so many options between duratrax quake models, HPI MT2s, Tamiya TNX, terra crusher, etc. now its pretty much traxxas or HSP for 1/10 nitro 4wd.
can't say I've heard the best reviews on the Mini MGT sadly :/

just got done cleaning mine on my MGT 4.6 build, and realizing how torn the boots are, the shock oil in them was so bad...

there was so much research and thought put into these, dual springs for soft to firm, and so many possibilities for firmness, threaded shock body for adjustments (dont always like threaded though myself), full aluminum, removable bottom cap, shock boots (they messed up though and didn't from factory fasten it to the bottom besides just pressure), then the reservoirs in themselves, porting in the reservoirs to have progressive dampening, over-sized to house maximum amount of fluid.

very very dark times indeed, keep hoping someone else releases another soon here, i guess there is the kyosho mad crusher, (thats 1/10 isnt it?) but for the price.
used to have so many options between duratrax quake models, HPI MT2s, Tamiya TNX, terra crusher, etc. now its pretty much traxxas or HSP for 1/10 nitro 4wd.
can't say I've heard the best reviews on the Mini MGT sadly :/
No, the MMGT wasn't that great, but still, it was an option. Looking at associated's site... seems they kind of stopped selling almost all nitro. Can't even find an RC10GT on there anymore!?!? So crazy! All they have now are 2 kits, RC8T and RC8B

No, the MMGT wasn't that great, but still, it was an option. Looking at associated's site... seems they kind of stopped selling almost all nitro. Can't even find an RC10GT on there anymore!?!? So crazy! All they have now are 2 kits, RC8T and RC8B
It seems that nitro rcs are almost exclusively marketed and aimed for racing now which to me is saddening.

Back