Price checking some buggies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wvaughn7

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I have a friend that is selling off some of his buggies and was wondering if they were pretty good prices or not. I have never been in the buggy side of the hobby so I really have no clue what is good or bad. Here is the list of what he has for sale:

Hot Bodies 4X4 not sure of exact model RTR - $150
Hot Bodies Lightning Pro 1 raced with upgrades RTR - $250
Hot Bodies Lightning Pro 1 new in box not sure if it has engine and servos, but can find out - $250
Hot Bodies Lightning Pro 2 raced with .26 engine RTR - $400
Kyosho uncertain of model RTR - $200

These seemed like pretty good prices to me and he definitely keeps his stuff in pristine condition. He had a new engine in the box for the Pro 2 and I believe the price on just the complete engine was nearly $300 from the local hobby shop. Now this engine does not come with that buggy of bought, but it is the exact same engine that is on it now. More than likely I will go for one of the cheaper ones, but figured I would get a second opinion first.

Those all sound like excellent prices if he keeps his rigs in good working condition. I'm looking at investing about a grand in the buggy I want which is a losi 8ight. Buying it as a kit and putting the novarossi engine and electronics and suspension that I want on it.

Maybe even more than a grand possibly $1200

Ok based off of what I have seen of his Pro 2 he has probably $1300 or so in it. The Pro series buggies are not made anymore are they? If not are parts still readily available? I have dealt with T-Maxx's exclusively so I do not know too much about these other brands. Does Hot Bodies have a pretty good support department and parts availability?

I'm with you on traxxas dealings. And all I can tell you is that I am going with losi because of the popularity and support available. I do know that kyosho is a high end racing buggy also. And the parts for any of them can be found on eBay if anywhere just as traxxas. I've been told many times over that losi and Hpi are two of the most popular buggy and truggy brands and support for both are good. Sorry I can't help any more than that.

Although hot bodies is another popular brand and a damn good buggy. Check out there website. All I know about them is their "the car" and " the engine" and I wouldn't mind havnt both myself.