Power Supply

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra198

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,

So I'm about to make the switch to Lipo and have been researching chargers for a while. I will need to have a charger that can handle a 4 cell 5000 lipo and maybe even a 5 cell 4000 lipo down the road. I am really not looking to spend like 300 bucks on the setup, so I need to be smart about this.

Someone on another forum offered to sell me his MRC Superbrain 989 for 110 shipped. Almost went for it until I searched on this forum. To my surprise I read here that people dont recommend the 989 for Lipo batteries, even though it says it can charge them (I guess battery companies dont recommend the charger or something?) Anyways, that kinda threw off my plan!

I am now thinking about going with the Turingy Accucel-8 charger. It looks like it has everything I need (besides power supply), is priced great, and has gotten great reviews. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced power supply for it? Would like to keep it under 100 bucks if possible, but dont really want to have to hook one to my PC. Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion? I appreciate it!

Check radio shack. Thats where i got one of mine, got the others from a ham radio dealer.

hyperion ac/dc charger from maxamps. does everything and works great. its like an eios 6 or something.

Check radio shack. Thats where i got one of mine, got the others from a ham radio dealer.

Cool cool, yeah I was lookin at radio shack but the cheapest one I could find was like a 100 or 115 dollar one. Just wanted to see if there was anything cheaper. Thx! Ill check it out a bit more thoroughly.

hyperion ac/dc charger from maxamps. does everything and works great. its like an eios 6 or something.

I was checkin that one out but I believe its only a 50w charger. If I'm charging a big 4 or 5 cell lipo I think that would take a long time to charge. Thats my only concern with that charger.

Back