Post your workspace!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I found all kinds of things I forgot I had. Pretty soon I need to focus on getting a storage solution for some of my RC cars. That 42" boat is on the way and I have no idea where I am going to put it 😜
So for car and truck storage. I've been thinking about garage storage hooks. Or any hook that I can adjust .. So that the RCs front or rear A arms rest on them.. and it also keeps tiers from getting flat spots. And mounting them to wall. With a anchors or to studs. Plus I think it's a cool look and way to display them.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/gR1x7RswPaIj

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210805-065610_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210805-065610_Google.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20210805-065621_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210805-065621_Google.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20210805-065630_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210805-065630_Google.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 38
So for car and truck storage. I've been thinking about garage storage hooks. Or any hook that I can adjust .. So that the RCs front or rear A arms rest on them.. and it also keeps tiers from getting flat spots. And mounting them to wall. With a anchors or to studs. Plus I think it's a cool look and way to display them.

I used to do this but I got tired of taking the wheels off and on all the time so now I'm thinking of ways I can support the chassis without having to take the wheels off.

I am considering this stuff. Bolt in one track across the top, then the vertical shelf tracks can slide side to side. It will be about $200 to hold 12 cars.
20210805_074134.jpg

This is one of the things I have also been considering.
I have been looking at all different kinds of systems like the Slatwall, freestanding shelving units, custom construction, etc. For holding up to 12 cars this seems to be the most flexible and cheapest way. If I did a freestanding shelf rack I would still have to find a solution like yoga blocks to support the chassis on each car. And then you are kinda limited to the number of cars that can fit.

This ShelfTrack setup solves that, plus you can adjust the shelf brackets vertically and horizontally, while being able to get the mounting screws anchored into studs along the top track, which holds all the weight.

I have been looking at all different kinds of systems like the Slatwall, freestanding shelving units, custom construction, etc. For holding up to 12 cars this seems to be the most flexible and cheapest way. If I did a freestanding shelf rack I would still have to find a solution like yoga blocks to support the chassis on each car. And then you are kinda limited to the number of cars that can fit.

This ShelfTrack setup solves that, plus you can adjust the shelf brackets vertically and horizontally, while being able to get the mounting screws anchored into studs along the top track, which holds all the weight.
I'm leaning toward building something in my garage as I dont have much empty wall space in my hobby room but I hate the thought of my RCs being stored in a non climate controlled environment

I'm leaning toward building something in my garage as I dont have much empty wall space in my hobby room but I hate the thought of my RCs being stored in a non climate controlled environment
Yeah, that would definitely not be good on them.

Mostly worried about humidity and rust but so far my K8 has been out in my garage (I have no where to put it in the house) all summer and its perfectly fine so far.
Well that's good. In Indiana weather it would already be a rust bucket. I had my machinist tools, that were always oiled down, stored in my garage one time for a week after changing jobs, and I had to deal with a lot of rust issues.

Well that's good. In Indiana weather it would already be a rust bucket. I had my machinist tools, that were always oiled down, stored in my garage one time for a week after changing jobs, and I had to deal with a lot of rust issues.
Yup, Thats what I'm afraid of but most of my tools in my garage arent developing rust with the exception of a handful of things that are old, cheap, and never used. Like I have a pair of old dykes that I occassionally have to take some steelwool to and then oil them,.

I used to do this but I got tired of taking the wheels off and on all the time so now I'm thinking of ways I can support the chassis without having to take the wheels off.
Yo can leave the wheels on just got to get wider hooks
I just had to go measure my bathtub, and we're good. I have like 4 inches to spare 😝
Just go to wallymart and get a kiddie pool this one 60" for 25$ at kohl's. And might be able to just keep it turned and do laps against the walls 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I am considering this stuff. Bolt in one track across the top, then the vertical shelf tracks can slide side to side. It will be about $200 to hold 12 cars.
View attachment 130501
I also have been looking into that track rack also. Haven't made a 100% decision. But need to get all the RCs storage better then all over the garage and the shelves.and you can get this for the boat. For 25$ for kohl's 🤣🤣🤣
Screenshot_20210805-185543_Google.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at this style same as the ones your looking at. Comes in different colors. For 30$ for 3 spots. But you can get the tracks for under 10 for 48" and the arms are like 2-5$ depending on what you like
Screenshot_20210805-191855_Google.jpg

Looking at this style same as the ones your looking at. Comes in different colors. For 30$ for 3 spots. But you can get the tracks for under 10 for 48" and the arms are like 2-5$ depending on what you likeView attachment 130516
I have seen those, but the problem is you need 2 tracks close together to get the arms under the chassis. That means one track won't be on a stud. With that system I am looking at, you screw the top track into each stud and the vertical rails can just slide where you need them. It is a little more spendy, but I think it will be worth it and it will need less holes in the walls.

Last edited:
I have seen those, but the problem is you need 2 tracks close together to get the arms under the chassis. That means one track won't be on a stud. With that system I am looking at you screw the top track into each stud and the vertical rails can just slide where you need them. It is a little more spendy, but I think it will be worth it and it will need less holes in the walls.
No problem 👍👍 it's a nice set up for sure . I'm probably going to cut the tracks down to individual RC holders. So it just the track needed for the bracket arm. So I can hang them vertical in different spots from their A arms or sit flat on their chassis all over the entire wall over the work bench. I will use 50lb wall anchors No need for studs😉 just need to find time to rearrange garage to get it done 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣

Back