Post your Traxxas T-Maxx pics here

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here was a project done just because i don't know. I found this on eBay and close to where i lived there was no pic or a good description of the truck. The seller also had pick up only. To make a long story short i got it for 30$. Here what I brought home.

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa83/ncmustangrc/?action=view&current=P1010001.jpg
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa83/ncmustangrc/?action=view&current=P1010004.jpg
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa83/ncmustangrc/?action=view&current=P1010006-1.jpg

The dirt was so hard it had to be scraped off a pressure washer did not remove it. (P.S. don't use a pressure washer to wash parts in a bucket. I had one of those moments in life well (STUPED !!) parts went every where.) Parts were hard to find so I decided to convert it to a original t-maxx with a 2.5r engine with pull start. The shocks are from duratrax evader bx rear shock. it made the truck handle so much better with the short wheel length. It didn't want to flip as much. Over all it was a fun build. I broke the engine in and ran the devil out of it.

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa83/ncmustangrc/?action=view&current=Picture012.jpg
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa83/ncmustangrc/?action=view&current=Picture011.jpg
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa83/ncmustangrc/?action=view&current=Picture013.jpg

Last edited:
ill try to get some pics tonight, i had to do a major surgery this weekend. i broke a lower arm and decided to do all RPM arms. after dismantling her to get the lowers off i found the front bulkheads to be cracked as well as bent STEEL hinge pins. so i ended up doing a set of HD Integy bulkheads with racers edge bulk head braces and a new steel hinge pin set along with the new RPM arms.
had a bunch of trouble with tunning this weekend but she performed well with the new chassis upgrades and arms. i took her to this church that set up a small track. ended up running outside the track because it was more fun. but the terrain was gnarly. a lot of loose gravel and dirt with some rather large rocks everywhere. with out the new arms and front bulkhead i would not have made it through the day. only broke the rear turnbuckle end link for the whole day of fun. i am pretty pleased with the level of beating she took and kept going especially after going head on in to a couple of large rocks. next to upgrade will be the rear bulkhead, shocks and shock towers.

Last edited:
I'm getting a t maxx for my first truck in a little while. :D i can't wait. I had no idea u could make them look so cool. I'm gunna have to try and make mine look cool too.

P.S
I'm new so this is all very confusing to me. is there like a newby thread where i can learn what rpm means?

RPM in engien terms is revolutions per minute. In rc usually there refering to rpm products. They make arms, bumpers and what not to make your truck alot stronger. Do some research.

Bryson

so why is the maxx upside down? is that how it is all the time so you want to just get the hang of it or what? lol

776c_2.jpg

here is the new tranny going in.
mytmaxx6.jpg

mytmaxx3.jpg

here are some before pics. I will post some with the tranny and RPM amrs and stuff that I am in the process of doing now.

Last edited:
finally got some pics, LQ but they are here

just ordered the outer CVD's as well, I feel I only need a few ore things to have a fully built maxx. let me know if you have any questions

Last edited:
Here are my maxes...one is still in work the other is the one I've been bashing lately:

hopefully I can get the exhaust worked out on that 2.5 this weekend and run it around...then I have to get my 2 pedes back up and running since I swapped all of my engines around so I could see how that 2.5 was on the Maxx instead of the pede...

DSCN3047.jpg

DSCN3045.jpg

DSCN3058.jpg

DSCN3057.jpg

All of my trucks:

DSCN3051.jpg

that roll bar thing is cool you fabricate that or buy it if so where and how much $$

I got mine at new era just like yours but chrome. looks goog.

Those look great, really making want another maxx.

Last edited:
that roll bar thing is cool you fabricate that or buy it if so where and how much $$

I got it on the other truck for like $40 total but I guess take the word of these guys of what it is...its nice and sturdy and def keeps the cooling head safe and I think keeps the body from getting completely destroyed

I'm loving the digger body!

yea its set up for my stampede right now but I'm thinking of getting a new one (that one is pretty banged up) and set it on that other maxx since it doesn't have a body and that silver body and blue body are both pretty much trash although the aluminum tape has the blue one held together pretty well
Those look great, really making want another maxx.

They're a lot of fun and I've had more running longevity out of them over my pedes but I need to do an FOC since I keep on eating spur gears

One note on that bar is you have to trim up one of the fuel tank posts to make it fit nicely but not a big deal...

does anyone have a shot of a stock maxx with a 2.5 on it...if you notice mine is rigged up but it works great

mines an old pro .15 but its converted to 3.3 motor what are you trying to see in the shot?

I was just curios as to what stock looked like...all of my trucks are frankenstines...I just got a bunch of parts and put together what would work I was running a duratrax .15 on one of my pedes for a while but then I scored 2 .15traxxas engines for cheap and converted it back over and put one on my other pede then threw the 2.5 on my extra maxx chassis

my 2.5 has the slide carb so that made it pretty interesting...if you look at the 3rd pic the post is all the way at the rear of the chassis right behind the airfilter...was just curious b/c I had to drill holes in the chassis...it works but I was just curious

Last edited:
One note on that bar is you have to trim up one of the fuel tank posts to make it fit nicely but not a big deal...

I am putting mine on tomorrow and wonder what you mean so I can do it right.Thanks

there is pictures of mine on page 4 its the red dodge its all stock cept the 3.3

I too have a T Maxx but bashed it up in a big way so bough myself a shed load of spare parts from imbrocken just need to fit them all now but need to source other spares before i can do the job. Dont want to fit stock parts i am of the opinion of if its brocken upgrade it so need to get a full set of shockers which again imbrocken said he can do for at when i get paid at end of month then i will post my pics. Unless you want the pic's of the busted T Maxx.