Post you home-made mods here :) Creative idea's? Pictures?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nedlynitro

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Made with a "no trespassing sign"!

CIMG1096.gif

Pencil strengthened the dying body and kept the front body clip holes from getting worn down.

RCJuly08004.jpg

RCJuly08003.jpg

i got a couple battery straps i made with metal coat hangers, i'll try to get pics tomorrow.

Awesome, i took a-part a bunch of old 69' car stereo's a while ago and kept all the metal shafts and rods, came in handy for making brackets, i thought it would be a good idea to try and get this going, alot of people are looking for home-made mods and idea's! I had some ideas i may try and if they go through i will post them you like!:) like home-made lifts, home-made wider maxx, would like to start my own company, only cause i know what people want when it comes to customizing, looking for creative idea's, you maxx have 6-wheels? Or a lift? How about lights, tires, in my case, i made a body out of the roll cage, using plastic, camo duct tape, zip ties, screws, loctite 414, led tri-pod flash light, working on another roll cage that will be all metal body kinda like a dune buggy look to it out of thin sheet metal.

Anyone have duel engines? Or 4-wheel turn?

I don't think I have a pic anymore but years ago a made a servo plate for my S3 buggy that held an extra servo that I linked to the rear brake only and served as.. you guessed right, a rear brake (otherwise known as a hand-brake or E-brake. It was a pretty fun modification and I still have the parts around in a box somewhere

Yeah, thos skids are older pics, there all done up now, entire bottom, folded and trimmed going to get some pics soon, just trying to inspire the new people to be creative :) going to have pics and tricks up soon to easy make things like lifts, wideners for the a-arms, 4-wheel turn, out of things most throw away, even duel engines, no problem. -Nedly

I dont really have a good pic but I stretched my rear frame connection 2". Also in this pic you can see a wing I made and a mount made from an old lower A arm.
P9250124.gif

My night run body. A cheap LED light from wal mart and a small rollbar bent over it made from hard brake line.
P9110036.jpg

I bent up a steering servo cover. This one was popular, I made some for my friends too.
P9069939.jpg

I also cut my tires but still not sure if it made a big difference.
P9250126.gif

I know theres more, so I'll add it later..
:D

Here you can see my tranny belly pan skid plate. Plus its a pretty cool pic right?:hehe:
P9110021.jpg

Maybe 4 or 5 feet. See the rocks coming into the frame on the right? I didnt make it... But my skid plates did!

Yes, awsome pics, i like the light, thought about doing almost the same thing, and i tell you, my skids have saved the truck so many times, first day running it with them i ripped one right off, due to rocks, big rocks, surprised i hadn't ripped my a-arm off, like the wing, was working on one myself, does it help? Always been curious to that, back when i had the ol' bandit, it had a wing, but i found it never helped much for me except when riding wheelies.....

Yes, awsome pics, i like the light, thought about doing almost the same thing, and i tell you, my skids have saved the truck so many times, first day running it with them i ripped one right off, due to rocks, big rocks, surprised i hadn't ripped my a-arm off, like the wing, was working on one myself, does it help? Always been curious to that, back when i had the ol' bandit, it had a wing, but i found it never helped much for me except when riding wheelies.....

I thought my home built one was maybe too small so I upgraded to a traxxas one. And still havent noticed any change really, but it helps protect the body in crashes and flips me back down on high wheelies. Basically I run it cause it looks cool, haha.
This traxxas wing has been taking a beating!
P1011483.jpg

Funny about the mud flaps, that is also something i was trying to do at some point, were when i run my truck i don't use a body but i use the body i made out of the roll cage, witch is very open especially to the front tires, and yeah i figured about the wing, maybe it would help if the truck did 70 down the road, but it does look cool most definitely, like the body, in some of my pics under the post your maxx here thread, i have a orange body that I've been debating on painting white with black rims, i like that effect, looks great!

Inspired by your cage Nedly I built one of my own today. I had a light bar on tthe old body and now I built an entire exo cage from it.

P1082316.gif

P1082311.jpg

P1082345.jpg

thanks for the inspiration man! keep the ideas coming guys!:D

Thats awesome! Exactly why i wanted to start this thread is for people to share idea's :) roll cage has saved my machine all too many times, a good thing to have it is, at least if anything to protect the engine better, looks great and I'm glad i could give someone a good idea and have it work out :)

Back