The next project seeking ideas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVNed

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My wife got these knives that belonged to her grandfather. He used to bring live hogs home in the trunk of his car and butcher them at home. The rural life. His initials are on the handle of the one on the left. We are 60 so they are at least 100 years old. He made some of them himself supposedly.
IMG_3176.jpg

The cleaver weighs several pounds. They have been in my kitchen drawer for a couple of years and I need to think of some way to display them. Perhaps a shadow box with his picture as a backdrop.
I am hoping if I turn things like this into memorabilia they wont end up in a landfill when we pass.

Any clever cleaver ideas?

I have seen interesting things made from pallet wood. Perhaps I will look for some of that. I have also seen some nice wood made into cutting boards at Aldi for cheap.

Very cool. Me personally, I'd look for some old barn wood and do like a slat wall display. Two vertical boards, then nail on some horizontal boards using old barn nails. Get some small hickory sticks and whittle some pegs to rest the knives on. Soak the pegs in a dye to match the barn wood. They look to be "at least" 100 years old. Definitely a cool collection.

I agree. I wold love to do the same with some of my fathers old tools.
I wish I had some pics of him using them to put in there also.