Post a picture of your HPI Savage!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long time no see. I'm joining a track up in fremont, ca and trying to get my truck up to speed. Where can I get that little plastic exhaust tip? I want to quiet it down a bit and direct exhaust away from the frame.

picks-savage-282.jpg

That was right after build. It obviously doesn't look like this right now :D. I'll post a recent photo tonight.

Edit: Here is the dirty:

Paint-Job-001.jpg

Last edited:
Where can I get that little plastic exhaust tip? I want to quiet it down a bit and direct exhaust away from the frame.

Look for "exhaust deflector". I got mine at my LHS. Had to hunt though, they were in the airplane section. They're also available on Tower and probably most online shops.
It didn't quite mine down, but it does keep it cleaner.

my savage a work in progress

still workin on it but its commin along ok?

Attachments

• savage4.jpg
    savage4.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 341
  • savage6.jpg
    savage6.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCF0104.jpg
    DSCF0104.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 376
DAMN thats a nice Savage, wish mine looked that good

A savage with traxxas rims/tires !!!! The shame!

Oh wait... mine has t-maxx rims/tires on it... :whistle:

Is it stock under the lid or hopped up a bit?

the tmaxx tires suck, the revo tires can really grip man, that pic is old i don't even have those tires or wheels, i've been running a sts 28 for a while so 23mm had to be added, plus some other things here and there.

NOW thats one NICE savage !!!:thumbsup:
And i think I'm in love with your tires of the second pic man...:eek:pps:
4.6 i suppose ???

Last edited:
These are pics before electronics and break in

WOW !!! Man that savage looks so SWEET !!!
Luv all that aluminium gives it a nice look...
Custom paint job on body ?

i feel so cheap...i did not treat my savage yet to somes goodies like thoses SAVAGES in here...sucks !!!:jet:

Last edited:
NOW thats one NICE savage !!!:thumbsup:
And i think I'm in love with your tires of the second pic man...:eek:pps:
4.6 i suppose ???

Thanks Boutch. No it's a STS D30M Modified engine................

Thanks Boutch. No it's a STS D30M Modified engine................

HOLY S... wish i had the $$ to buy one of those, all i heard is pretty good comments on this engine it seems...

And what mod did you did to it ? (if you dont mind me ask'in)

theres some nice modded savages out there i can't wait intill i have some extra cash so i can do a couple of more mods

This is my old Savage 21 with my custom Dale JR Top.

Attachments

• P7220019.jpg
    P7220019.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 255
Savage X

HOLY S... wish i had the $$ to buy one of those, all i heard is pretty good comments on this engine it seems...

And what mod did you did to it ? (if you dont mind me ask'in)

This is probably one of the best engines I've had. The power is unbelievable. So far, according to the Venom speedometer, I've had it to 62mph and it was still going. Low end grunt is also awsome.
Here are some of the mods to the engine, timing and firing pattern's re-established, Crank boring, induction ports sharpened, Sleeve sculptured to maintain velocity produced by crank at lower RPM throughout the power band, crank is cut for turbo charging the fuel/air mix and pressure release cuts made for an easier transitioning between power stroke and exhaust stroke and a few more.
The rest of the truck has a 3sp tranny in the Savage case,Nova aluminum shock towers, Nova clutch, hardened spur and clutch bell 18/49, aluminum shocks, upgraded aluminum diffs w/hardened gears, hardened axle and drive shafts, Venom speedometer and temp gauge and the wheels & tires. The body I painted.

Wow.... Tough savage, Olds. Who makes the shock towersetup?

Back