Point me towards a nice kyosho site/forum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

untchbl

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well this past weekend it finally happened. I finally feel in love with my K3! Up until then I really enjoyed my stadium trucks better, but they just can't amount up to racing a buggy on a nice wet track in the cold and rain. :D

After breaking various c hub parts, I'm looking for hopups and forums to learn on.

Someone point in a direction.

Brandon

you're already here bud! There are a number of regular members here that have and race the K3. I'm positive they would be completely willing to lend a helping hand.

I want parts sources and setup options. :D

Brandon

Set up Options ?????????????? parts sources ????????????? please be more elaborate

Mike, I'd like more sterring from the buggy on entry and under power. So I'm looking for a site that will give me some guidelines on what I need to do to make these adjustments. Shock positions, and that such.

I also would like some cnc'ed front knuckles instead of the cast pieces.

Brandon

fioroni makes front knuckles, C-hubs, rear hubs, etc. all in cnc machined ergal aluminum (ergal is just a new word the RC industry has discovered, its actually a specific brand of 6061 alloy). there are plenty of places that sell fioroni so just do a search, if it helps any GS racing is the importer and you can buy directly from thier site. you will pay retail from them though so it pays to shop around.

for your handling here is a website that is more than thorough in chassis dynamics and how to adjust handling. also talking to other kyosho owners to try thier proven setups should help.

also check out the xray xb8 manual at www.teamxray.com - it explains the effect of changes you make to the car quite well...(in the set up section)

perfect you guys.

Any of you prefer the fironi stuff over the racers edge stuff?

fioroni, racers edge, king heads. its all good stuff. most people pick 1 brand of aftermarket parts and stick with it though.

i run the racers edge.. little cheaper.. looks just as nice.. very good stuff.. also.. i like Racers edge.. the hard anodized look is sweet..

My setup on my K2 was

3/7/1 diffs..
60/40 oil in shocks front to rear..
blue springs.. space the front so arms are just above level.. and rear so arms are level.
i ran 1 degree toe out in the front.. was gonna change to 0.. never had a chance.. got the 777
-1 camber all around
22 degree hub carriers in front
rear upper arm.. on the shock tower.. was in the lower hole.. under the center hole..

car was dialed.. still had some push.. but was very good..

i would even try 5/7/2
or lsd/5/2
but that's if you are looking for more pulling coming out of a turns.

and if the track is bad off meaning rough go with the 22's and if it is tight track 17 hubs for the fast turn in. and 20's if you don't know what you doing. ;-) you are save with the 20's

but from what i seen the 777 has a lot of steering. my k1-k3 had great steering
with the lsd on the front.

with some cutting you can make a k1-k3 turn too.

but i think they fix that with the 777.
i hope to see you this weekend man.

and this time i will not pit early to let you have the easy bump like last time. lol

easy bump.. cmon.. i did what they said.. the strech.. streched that lead.. hahah.. i turned in my room key.. and checked out.. lol.. nah.. just messin.. i knew it was gonna be a fuel race.. haha.. i will be at the Turkey leg this weekend.. hope to see you there.. you still runnin the Ofna.. or did youget something different??

still the ofna.

only been out with it 6 times now.

as of now not bad at all.

i keep trying to put my kyosho set up on it. i think i'm just going to have to try the stuff Josh Wheels is trying.

O!!!
i did try the 3/3/5 in my kyosho and i liked it a lot. but you have to have motor with a lot of bottom. so the front and center can diff out so the rear will drive like a rear wheel car.

just tip to all the kysoho people

i have not try the 335 in my hyper hit.

but i'm going to try something this weekend just for you. lol

and i'm going to streched out some of these fuel stops for sure just to make it a little harder for you.. hahahah.

10 min. lol a stop.

at a 150 deg. lol

cya

lmao.. 10 minute run.. dang.. you must has the new Yannick TQ upgrade for your hyper right.. extra large fuel tank and all... bwahahahahah...

yes yes. it has two tanks and 5 fuel filter just to make sure i get 10min a tank. lol

really Yannick was getting a little over 10min on his stock tank. before he change over for the main.

what was it a 1.2 a cc or less.

rules are rules.

Last edited:
lol.. yeah.. i know.. i was just messin.. I'm excited bout this weekend.. we are bringing like 8 guys from Waco to go up there.. so.. hopefully they have good weather.. Jake said.. that its supposed to move out by Thursday night.. or early Friday..

i hope so
if not no show for me.
45 min for you to turn around for me
2.5 hours.

lol

dang.. thats along time.. you gonna make Nats.. in Harlingen..

not sure. not sure. that is what 20 hours for me. lol and 10 for you.

its a long way.. renting a couple cars i think to go down there..

Back