pleae help t maxx 3.3 stuck in first gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrobray

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
plz i need help t maxx 3.3 its stuck in first gear and when i try to stop it dies and when i start it i have to run with it until it starts plz help, but it still shifts into second and back into first but it wont go into nuetral

Last edited:
sounds like your clutch is broken and not releasing. i would check that first.

hey it may be tuning mine did that i richened the lsn 2/12 of a turn and it fixed it a good gauge is if you live on a hill is to leave it running warm it up and then point it uphill and let off the gas and stop does it still try to pull up the hill or will it roll backwards

T-maxx doesn't have "Neutral".

If it stalls on the brakes, you may need to adjust LSN. If it shifts to 2nd, the clutch is probably adjusted correctly, as too loose won't get second, and too tight won't make it stall.

Thinking your problem is in the LSN ADJ.

CLutch could have an issue, but how often do the the clutch shoes lock in the "grab" positon?

(No...really........asking how often............)

if the spring is broken, then they wont close at low rpm they will grab if the motor turns at all. and if the spring is broke it may have gotten wedged in and has "locked" the clutch.

the stopping and dieing could be tune related, but you have to look at all the symptoms. if the truck tries to take off when you put the starter wand on it, its almost def the clutch.

if the spring is broken, then they wont close at low rpm they will grab if the motor turns at all. and if the spring is broke it may have gotten wedged in and has "locked" the clutch.

the stopping and dieing could be tune related, but you have to look at all the symptoms. if the truck tries to take off when you put the starter wand on it, its almost def the clutch.

Yep. You'd be surprised how much a clutch with a busted spring really drags, even at low RPM's. Even if it isn't jammed. Had it happen a few times.

hey it may be tuning mine did that i richened the lsn 2/12 of a turn and it fixed it a good gauge is if you live on a hill is to leave it running warm it up and then point it uphill and let off the gas and stop does it still try to pull up the hill or will it roll backwards

it will try to go up the hill

it will go up the hill

T-maxx doesn't have "Neutral".

If it stalls on the brakes, you may need to adjust LSN. If it shifts to 2nd, the clutch is probably adjusted correctly, as too loose won't get second, and too tight won't make it stall.

Thinking your problem is in the LSN ADJ.

CLutch could have an issue, but how often do the the clutch shoes lock in the "grab" positon?

(No...really........asking how often............)

if it dosent have nuetral then why does it idle and not go anywhere mr smartass

The Tmaxx doesn't have a neutral gear in the tranny.but the clutch if its working right allows a properly tuned tmaxx to sit and act as if in neutral. so if your tuned right your idle rpm shouldn't engage the clutch, or if the spring is broken it will stay locked in gear. that is how it sits there and idles and doesn't go anywhere. so don't be mean

If i was you, id go back to factory settings.And there should be a screw in the gearbox you can adjust. Ope the rubber cover, and turn the gear untill you can see the alloy clutch holder, then turn the wheels untill you see a screw. Turning the set screw clockwise will make the gearshift later. Turning it anti-clockwise makes the shift earlier. Hope this helps

plz i need help t maxx 3.3 its stuck in first gear and when i try to stop it dies and when i start it i have to run with it until it starts plz help, but it still shifts into second and back into first but it wont go into nuetral
Check your clutch shoes and springs behind your clutch bell... you'll have to take it off... I just had the same issue. Shoes and spring looked to be in good condition but the spring was warn
Check your clutch shoes and springs behind your clutch bell... you'll have to take it off... I just had the same issue. Shoes and spring looked to be in good condition but the spring was warn