pistons

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No the piston/sleeve combo is specific to a particular engine.

Use a fuel with higher nitro content or get a new engine.

The fuel percentage is 20% I'm running a team infinity sh.21 what would be the max percentage i could run safely

Without changing, a 25% fuel should be okay in most applications. To run a 30% fuel I can't remember if you need to add or remove shims under the head.

You'll need to add shims for 30, but I've never found a reason to go above a good, brand name fuel at 20% as long as the engine is healthy and well tuned.

They say that when you get older, @Rolex, the memory is the second thing to go. I knew someone would help me remember...

As most other people have said, the piston and sleeve are specific to that engine. If you want to get more performance running a higher nitro content, or getting it ported would be your only options. But porting is difficult and expensive if you want to get someone to do it. :)

Porting/polishing is not something that should be tried by a DIYer. It's a specialized skill and should be done by a pro.

Porting/polishing is not something that should be tried by a DIYer. It's a specialized skill and should be done by a pro.
Yes, that's why I said it's expensive if you want someone to do it.