Pipes for picco .28?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK5310

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I had a GO 2047 on my picco .28 team turbo motor in my revo, pipe performed well enough.
It got dented real bad a few weeks ago, the wierd thing is I put it back on with a massive dent in it & it picked up a noticable amount of power.

I tried a borrowed 086 on it - was terrible, dropped a bunch of power & became unresponsive to tuning.
So I put a GO 2072 on it - much better, but not as good as the dented 2047, about the same as the 2047 without the dent!

So I'm thinking the motor wants a pipe that has a smaller inside volume (which makes sense, a 2 strokes needs smaller expansion chamber volume & shorter header length for higher rpm power).

Not sure what pipe will give me smaller volume tho?

You might contact Robin at ERCM. He's supposed to have the best pipes for Nitro engines around. He's also a sponsor here as well.

ERCM pipe are race legal? cause maybe I can get one for my application.

I did not follow any guidelines or rules when designing my pipes, they are a single chamber design which performs substantially better then conventional pipes. I could not make a conventional/legal pipe due to the dimensions I needed to achieve, so the rule books went out the window and I made what I wanted. There are lots of people running them a club level races but I don't think you could use one at a sanctioned event. I guaranty it will be the best pipe for that picco with a medium length header.

I'd love one of your pipes Robin - one day, but not today, bit poor ATM.

I mostly just want to understand why a dented to all hell pipe made more power & the oft quoted best off the shelf pipe performed so poorly

Can someone explain the different numbered pipes eg 2059, 2039 ect as there are some big price differences

I did not follow any guidelines or rules when designing my pipes, they are a single chamber design which performs substantially better then conventional pipes. I could not make a conventional/legal pipe due to the dimensions I needed to achieve, so the rule books went out the window and I made what I wanted. There are lots of people running them a club level races but I don't think you could use one at a sanctioned event. I guaranty it will be the best pipe for that picco with a medium length header.

I've very happy with my ERCM pipe Robin - it really bothers the guys at the club!

It sounds so different than the other pipes - I've even had a marshall pick the car up on a warm up lap and inspect it thinking the header pipe had come off!

They really dont know what to make of it - some want to poke it with a stick at a distance, some are curious and wonder how it performs, others flatly refuse to believe something different can work - but it does!

The ERCM pipe on my Werk B5 Pro produces enough low torque to clear a triple with only a short lead up on the ramp and allows the engine to scream at WOT downt he straight.

I like how it performs . . . . I like how it sounds warming up and revving on the starter box . . . . it sounds awesome screaming down the straight (bloody loud!) . . . . but most of all, I like how it p1sses the other boys at the club off! :first_place:

I'd love one of your pipes Robin - one day, but not today, bit poor ATM.

I mostly just want to understand why a dented to all hell pipe made more power & the oft quoted best off the shelf pipe performed so poorly

Dumb luck I reckon :\

As you know, the length of the header and partitions/chambers in the pipe influence reversion timing that works with the engines port timing to promote power within a certain rev range.

The reversion/pipe timing needs to be matched with the engines port timing and how the engine is being used (where the power is required)

The dent probably provided restriction/reversion in the right spot for your engine that aided combustion chamber filling at low RPM - it seemed like it had heaps of power only because it was quick out the hole - dumb luck that the dent actually improved the performance.

A bit of time fooling around with various header lengths may net a similar affect to the dented pipe.

Perhaps cut the one piece coupling off a long pipe and use a piece of silicone tube (your mate Bill has some) to join the pipe and header - run it, then reduce the length gradually until you find the sweet spot - a true tuned system . . . .

A couple of mm could mean the difference between an unresponsive tune, a rich mid rpm or, 100% volumetric efficiency through most of the rev range because the system is truly tuned to suit the port timing and where you want the power.

Which ercm pipe are you running punisher??
I've been looking at the end bleed bb pipe and really make this picco yodel lol

Which ercm pipe are you running punisher??
I've been looking at the end bleed bb pipe and really make this picco yodel lol

My ERCM pipe is fitted to a truggy - so the BB truggy pipe.

If fitting one to a Revo I would go with a side-pipe set up and use the same BB truggy pipe as I have - it has a mounting point at tip, and the stinger points out to the side. If you get the end bleed pipe, it's gonna blow oil all over your front a arms and down the side of the vehicle.

"Yodel" LOL - I didnt really care about how my RC sounded - more focused on how it performs - but I must say I do like the sound of the ERCM pipe - it has a crackle at idle and a real high pitched bark when you rev it or at WOT.

When my 8T flies down the straight it turns heads - "what the h*ll was that" kinda thing as if flies by.

On a few occassions a marshall has come up to me after a race and commented that my Truggy rattles the ear drums on the course - the difference in sound is really immediately noticeable.

Chickenman242 - if you get a ERCM pipe I'll underwrite your purchase! If ya dont like it, I'll buy it off of you . . . I feel pretty safe that you wont be taking me up on that offer - they are a good pipe. Dont get the one pience though - get the one that uses a silicone tube as a joiner between the pipe and header so you can tailor the length/timing of your system to the engines requirments.

Or better yet, have a chat with Robin - he is a top bloke and I'm sure happy to help with advice.

Last edited:
i have never heard a bad thing about one of robins pipes, will deff have to start putting some coin towards one in the near future,i have got way too many projects on the boil atm i reallyneed to focus at one at a time and now I'm playing with my slayer which is giving me more joy than the revo atm so ill prob play with this for a bit