Pipe Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalib

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Wuz up guys. I'm going to be building a 1/8 on road speed machine this coming year. I purchased a new ofna x3 gt roller and I'm thinking about dropping a big block lrp in it (30 or 32) and a one speed transmission. I need some suggestions on a good speed pipe. Not gonna race the thing just want it really fast to whoop my buddys on the drag.

Look at a good ERCM pipe. Robin's a corporate sponsor here and has some of the best performing pipes out there.

Robins pipe endbleed is great low. and mid power. Topend is about the same as the 086. I find the sidebleed doesn't have the same power. With that said, for drag racing, the ercm endbleed is the way to go. For onroad, track running, you might want a smoother less low end violent pipe like the 086.

If your building a top speed machine, the .30-32 isnt the engine you want. They are low grunt MT engines. The .28 will be faster. You may even want to look at the higher reving .21s. The bigblocks top out at 33-34000 rpm stock. some .s can hit 40-42k. So on a lightweight bumpstart car, the .21 would prolly be a better choice.

Yeah sv250 I was looking at some of the .21s but the good ones are kinda expensive $300+. I've seen those big block lrp clock some serious speed with the right gearing, but you might be right on the .28. I'm definitely gonna invest in ERCM pipe, I've looking at those pipes for about a year now and I think this project might be the right one to go ahead and get one.

Back