Pipe Coupler Question With A Few Others

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarCraft

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so i have had my revo for about 7 days and its been out of commission for the past 3 of them. on 6th tank of break in the slipper became extremely loose so i called the LHS i got it from and they said bring it in. they tightened and explained what they did and why etc etc. before calling them i had no idea so i learned something new there. well anyways i drove the truck that day and the next, the second day after tightening the truck refused to idle. long story short i broke a clutch shoe spring and striped 2 teeth on the spur. what caused the spring to break and the spur to strip?

i also cracked the pipe coupler and it has a nice split in it now. i can get a stock replacement but what other options are there? silicone and zip ties just dont seem like a good idea? is that a engineered break point? p.s i called traxxas about the spring and spur. they are sending me a new clutch shoe assembly and 3 diffrent size spurs all for free. i just hope it all gets here before this weekend.

it is possible to do that sort of damage if the slipper is tightened to much , setting them is simple ,tighten the nut til its firm then back it out 1/4-1/2 turn and go from there.
could of also just been a dud from the factory.
when you replace the coupler try to get the black one ,they seem to be stronger than the blue ones

With a slipper being overtightened it can cause other damage in the driveline like you spur gear.

Back