Picco p2 .26 Max

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Madd

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I finally blew that 3.3 and i'm now looking for a picco p2 .26 to put in m'y maxx is it a good engine

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, nice way to start
and end your long javidi on this site.
I would read the rules and try it again.

I already posted overheating maxx Man you should read it

Yeah come on Tmadd! Kids read these forum post as well. We understand your anger in the matter for we have mostly all been there done that several times over. That being stated i will answer your question. The picco jl red dot .26 is an excellent engine for the maxx. If you can find one. There is a manufactures shortage on shipping them right now and most everyone has them backordered. You will also need a bb mount for it. Now if you want a good affordable direct drop in i recommend the dynamite mach 2 .19T. It has more torque at lower rpm then the 3.3. If you want a bigger engine dynamite has a .21 and a big red .28 bb. They are very affordable. If you want better quality check out the lpr spec3 .28 or OS .21. If you really want quality and power go with a Novarossi plus .28 7 port turbo plug for about $274.99. And as far as the bb mount kit for bb engines i recommend the new era mount or the traxxas big block mount. New era being the better of the two. Now, research these engines on amainhobbies.com and speak with a lighter tongue with your post and more people will help you out on here with advice and info.

Sorry guys didnt think about that it wont happen again! And thanks a lot !

---------- Post added at 9:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:33 AM ----------

Is the o s better than the picco cause my local hobby Shop has the os in stock

OS will be a great engine as well. Plus its one that Robin at extreme rc mods will take and mod for you. Get in touch with them on here and ask about the os engine you want to buy and they will tell you prices on turning it into a full mod monster!

i strongly suggest the LRP z.28r spec 3.... its cheaper than the picco and better.

the piccos just came off back order two or so days ago at a main hobbies. mine is still sitting in back order for a couple days but I'm not buying it since i got the lrp... check out my thread with it in my revo

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98823

Agreed! That lpr spec 3 is a bad azz. I'm still waiting on some videos of the revo running with it.

this is the maxx forum.... right? yup it is I had to check. All the above stated .28s will not fit.

yeh ill have vid up once break in is finished. its been raining last 2 days :(

Dub why not? If you get the bb mount kit will it not fit in a tmaxx? Hell i thought with the right mods you could put any engine in a maxx. Just not a direct drop in without a bb mount. If I'm wrong then thats my bad.

Overall crank shaft length, and big block exhaust wont clear the shock towers. But I suppose when you have the will you will find a way.

The .19 dynamite is just as cheap as the 3.3 if not worse. The main bearing is trash and should be replaced before the engine is even run. I think I got less then 1/4 gallon before the bearing let go in the one I had.

Is the Lrp more reliable than the picco

No, the picco is a much better quality engine without a doubt. The LRP is a nice engine, don't get me wrong, but when it comes to quality of materials and machining the picco is the better choice.

I'm going with the picco 26 JL red dot (came in today), and next payday I'm sending to to Robin for the extreme mod and possible pipe. The picco's are high quality, I have a 28 in a revo.

First you need a mount, everthing else fits, but you should upgrade your clutch, exhaust, and rear center driveshaft.

Does someone have a good link to the New Era BB mount kit?

Here is the link to the mount for the picco, now just guessing by the model number (TRM118P ) I don't believe this is for an actual big block, but for the picco.26. I know for the Revo there is a big block mount and a mount for the .26 that New Era sells, the big block mount is model REV111V2 and the .26 mount model is REV118P.

So that's where this assumption comes from.

http://neweramodels.mybigcommerce.com/motor-mount-to-install-piccomax-engine-in-t-maxx/