Picco .26 Max or Picco .26 Max JL red Dot ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank You, I actually don't race. I'm a basher and I can tell you it is well protected. Flips, cartwheels, bounces, it is protected. I'm actually down right now (3 broken a arms, a cracked diff case, and a totaled driveshaft. The pipe is still fine though :) It was a 10 minute paint job, just add some stickers and it's decent :D I would never go back to a rear pipe (only if i go smallblock). It is really really solid when it is attached to the coat hanger and even without. It is definitely worth $50.

Last edited:
hmmmm. . .well i may look into this a little more seriously now considering the info u gave me. . .i'll let you know what i do, thanx a bunch

I totaly agree. I have the dynamite 053 hard anodized side pipe also, I love it. It looks better than I thought it would installed, fits nice and tight doesn't bounce around or anything, and is well protected by the tires and body. If you want the extra power, and there is a ton of it, a side pipe is the answer. My buddy has a ripple pipe on his .26. I can't remeber what company makes it, it's not the ebay one. Anyways it's a 1/8 size rear exhaust pipe. It's made for low end power though which is not ideal since there is already so much low end in that motor. But it seems to work pretty well, though I havn't seen his pull the tires in 2nd:) and it doesn't sound as good. There is another 1/8 rear i think it's called bukku or something like that, but very pricey. Good luck.

the red dot should in theory work with the "Sleazy start" for the simple fact that it says it is a direct drop in with the exception of a different motor mount

I am thinking of getting this picco .26 red dot for my Revo, so what exactly do i need for the conversion, is it just the engine mount?

I am thinking of getting this picco .26 red dot for my Revo, so what exactly do i need for the conversion, is it just the engine mount?

Thats in man, and if you want to change ur CB and SG you might as well do it while you have it apart i suggest 17cb and 36sg

Don't forget to seal the engine with copper rtv. Your cheezy start will probably crap out quick too. If you don't gear different your revo will be slower than a 3.3 :\ 17/36 or 16/36 is the best. Your clutch will likely crap on you too. Get a 3 shoe aluminum. Then it is up to you if you want a pipe or not, it is great though.
The best mount is http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?session_id=&part_id=2285
I have gone through 2 ofna ones (the holes strip and the included screws suck big ________.
Dreamstate, are you stacking gaskets for your exhaust?

Yes I am, and no leaks so far.

Update on the torque start. I'm starting to have some problems with it. Like I sid it's not made for the MAx. I think I just need to put a spacer behind the owb, like a couple copper washers that you use for the glow plug.

Dude, Thats Revo looks serious... We need some video... I've been thinking of replacing my mill and if it will pull weelies in second then I've found the set up for me....Nice!!

Dude, Thats Revo looks serious... We need some video... I've been thinking of replacing my mill and if it will pull weelies in second then I've found the set up for me....Nice!!
Contact member Oomp on the traxxas forums and get a first gear removal kit. I can wheelie downhill with the center diff locked in second :D
I loose quite a bit of speed on the pavement due to the center diff, I think I am going to remove it. Here is an on board video, the camera was pointed in the sky most of the time ;)
Right now I am on 16/36 gearing, wide second gear, center diff 500k fluid and first gear is completely removed.
Make sure to get a dynamite 053 hard coated side pipe :first_place:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back