Performance Difference Traxxas Slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paxdad

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My son is wanting to spend his Christmas on a Slash. He knows that he wants a Slash but is on the fence between 2wd and 4wd. Money is not in question but he wants to keep some. So the question is how will the or where will the 4wd outperform a 2wd or vice versa. He will use the truck for almost everything but mostly back yard bashing etc.

The 4x4 is almost twice as fast. It is a brushless set-up so it will be more powerful. I like the 4x4 pretty well. Very tough. So far all I have broken is spur gears and bodies. The 2 wheel drive is also a lot of fun but not real fast. In some cases, IE small tracks the 2 WD can out corner the 4x4.

2wd and 4wd will handle worlds different. I would recommend the 4wd.

Both models are burshless so would there really be a performance difference between the Venelion motors. I realize the 4wd is going to track better but was thinking the 2wd might be a better drifting vehicle with different tires.

Being that I am addicted to these as well we just ordered the Slash 6808 4wd. Thanks for input.

Good deal. It is out of the box a great truck. I really had fun with mine for sure. Now just find you some good Lipo batteries and you will be all set!!

I believe you can purchase the 2wd and 42d both in brushless. I never knew the 2wd option to only be in brushed. Could be wrong but I think you can get both 2wd and 4wd in brushed or brushless.

There's the slash 4x4, the slash 4x4 platinum, the 4x4 ultimate, the slash 2wd vxl, the 2wd with 2.4ghz radio, and the 2wd with am radio LOL WTF.:whhooo:

TO say the least and close the thread my son and I could not be happier with the decision to have gone with the 4wd. Our backyard is a giant bowl and with the addition of a few skateboard ramps it wont be long until the grass is bare ground!!!!!!

There's the slash 4x4, the slash 4x4 platinum, the 4x4 ultimate, the slash 2wd vxl, the 2wd with 2.4ghz radio, and the 2wd with am radio LOL WTF.:whhooo:

Theyre smart, trying to cover all markets by covering all wallet sizes..lol

Back