Parting is such sweet sorrow....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well guys,

I am sure I am leaving myself wide open here....but I will share anyway.

I have sold my first RC.... and it is a very bitter sweet feeling. I sold my first 1/8 scale buggy as a roller. I thought I was ok with it until I started to remove the mill and the electronics. It felt like I was killing it. I had so much fun with this buggy too. Like I said it was my first and even though it was not "Top of the line" it was a really cool buggy! So once I got finished removing everything and I looked down at the skeleton of the buggy it once was and felt like I was giving up on a friend. Meanwhile thinking the whole time.... "This is just a buggy... not a living creature!" why am I feeling like this. Anyway.... I sold the buggy anyway and I guess I will get over it. You know just like dating as a kid..... You get over the last one as soon as you meet the next one. So I am sure once I get the next RC I will be over this one too.

Tom

Selling your first one hurts a bit. But it all goes away once you buy a new one. I sold my whole fleet 2 seasons ago. And immediately bought 2 new ones. So I don't miss the old stuff at all.

I am hoping I feel the same way. Which I am sure I will. It just tough actually handing it over. You know.... I was like... take good care of her! LOL It is the same feeling I got when I got rid of my first 1:1.

Tom

Well he did print "Shakespere Rules" on his trailer...... I thought he would appreciate it!

Tom

Man up ya big sissie! lol

J/K man, I have traded a off few over the years, but I still have my first. Don't think I will ever get rid of that one, since its the one that started my crazy r/c addiction. The rest are just metal and plastic, but the first holds a special place in my r/c heart. Not to mention it was actually an anniversary gift from my wife.

I still have the first RC I have ever owned. This was just the first 1/8 scale buggy, and this is the first one I have ever had to part with. My first was a TMaxx and it was birthday gift from my wife.. then girlfriend. That one will always be in my collection. I do have to man up though and just deal with it! LOL It was my first 1/8 scale and it was a blast. It was an XTerm Pro w/ .21 RGX and now it has been replaced by an X1 CR w/ .21 VSpec. I am sure sales from now on will be easier... I guess it the first one that hurts.

Tom

My 1st one was a Tmaxx, so I had no problems watching that POS go..lol..

I do know the feeling though. I recently sold my savage (something I swore Id never do), and it was sad packaging it up. But like you said, once I got my next r/c it filled the void.

You know... Tmaxx's are not too bad.... after you put 2K into them! I wish I could keep all the RC's I have ever owned. You know, but you need space for new, and if I was ever going to convince my wife to let me buy anymore... I had to sell off some. You know.... so you don't hear "You have 5 already... what do you need another one for?" Now I can say... but dear... I sold one! So I guess in the long run I am better off selling one every now and again.

Tom

I try to sell "In the family" whenever possible. Ill even let stuff go for a LOT less then I could get on e-bay or.....

Its worth it just so I know its in good hands and I can still see it or hear about it every now and again.

I have sold all mine to rcnt family. Well with the exeption of my rc10gt, that one went to my brother. So like ed I still get to see them every once and a while.

I try to sell "In the family" whenever possible. Ill even let stuff go for a LOT less then I could get on e-bay or.....

Its worth it just so I know its in good hands and I can still see it or hear about it every now and again.

This one was sold to the guy that runs the RC car part of my LHS. It sold before I could post it here... which was where it was headed. So I will get to see it... well at least some anyway. It is going to get a .21 Sirio mill so it will have a decent heartbeat. I know it will be taken care of and I might even get a chance to take it for a spin every now and again. So I guess it is not all that bad. Thanks for the advice!

Tom

I feel your pain Tom. A while back I sold my first nitro, the HPI Savage. I put a lot of time and money into that rig and it brought me many great memories, high flying antics off ramps and many many crashes at the track. Without that truck I would have never found RCNT and made so many good friends here.

I'm in the process of cleaning/rebuilding another one of my rigs to get ready for sale and it is always a bittersweet process. You think back to all the good times you had with it, and then take extra care to ensure that it's new owner will also get the same good times. The only way to fill the void is to get another RC to fill it's place.

The only way to fill the void is to get another RC to fill it's place.

I go with the tree theory, for each tree you cut down you're supposed to plant two in it's place. So using that theory, for every r/c you sell you need to replace it with two more. :D

I go with the tree theory, for each tree you cut down you're supposed to plant two in it's place. So using that theory, for every r/c you sell you need to replace it with two more. :D

I like this math......gonna half to sell the idea to my wife.

I look at it this way either I waste a bunch of money on girls and booze and such......or I buy , build and sell RCs for fun......I choose the building....and a beer..and I get to keep my wife which is a very good thing.....;)

yeah, its gotta be hard, but my dad never lets go of his r/c's. we have a little over 20 cars down in my basement everything from wild willy's and midnight pumkins to r/c pulling trucks, but the thing is, none of them work!

We put so much time and effort into our cars they feel like it is apart of us. Still have my first could not stand to see it leave.

I know how you feel Godale; I sold my storm about two years ago... It tore my heart to see it go, but I know the guy that got it on ebay will take care of it. It's like seeing a child grow up and move out to start their own life.

But I do take some kind of relief in the fact that I have a nice shiny MBX5 Prospec in its' place... That helps soothe the pain a little.

Yep... a new RC always makes you feel better. In fact I got the replacement for the one I sold this weekend. You know as soon as I opened the box... that new RC smell took over, and the fact I sold one to get this one didn't feel so bad anymore.

Tom