part it out or sell it whole

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Childresshunt

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've got a ofna lx one with a ofna .21 3.5 motor on it compression is still great and all well long story short the head b utton is stripped and the button is discontinued tried the hyper .21 button and thats a no go. instead I'm gonna sell this motor for w.e I can get out of it and get a xtm 457. u guys think I should sell it as a whole or part it out

Not going to get much either way. IMO its better to sell it as a whole for someone who has one they can't find parts for to either part out or rebuild.

Also XTM 457 pro is an insanely fast engine, but make sure to run the short plugs on it or you will strip out the head button again. I found that out the hard way (I just replaced the head button on mine.) At least that part hasnt been discontinued yet for the 457 as XTM parts seem harder to find now. Hot plugs seem to run best with them but I'm on the wrong side of the country to tell you how hot of plugs work best. XTM also doesn't have the best pull starters either so you may want to look into getting a better pull starter for it as well.

I was figuring on selling it whole bc really all thats wrong with it is the head button if someone has that its golden doesn't have the original carb on it but I've been running a 3.3 carb and does just fine. I just can't find the head button nitro house had them 3 weeks ago but now they are discontinued. and I can't fond it on ofna website either. but I would rather slap a new motor on this thing and get what I can out of the old one anyways. xtm has been my girst choice but i also been considering spending the extra 60 bucks and throwin a picco .28 pull start at it just havnt made my mind up yet picco deff has better support for parts tho

Like I said I have that XTM 457 and its insane fast, but your right about parts support. I have to order all my parts on hobbypeople.net for XTM. They have almost every part I need but I'm afraid XTM has gone out of business. They havent made anything since the E XT2 Brushless Rage and the Rail 2 or 3 years ago. At that time they were getting a new website and the old one said new site coming soon. Old site still says the same thing and there still isnt a new site over 2 years later. XTM stuff is cheap on ebay though. Trying to figure out where this new DHK company they started carrying came from. Either way looks like heap of junk those DHKs. Ever think of trying a different brand engine?

I know that the most popular engine people like to run in the Maxx are the Piccos but I never hear of anyone run anything else in them. Anyone ever run Dynamite, Novarossi, or OS engines anymore? Most people around hear don't run OFNA anymore which makes me question why. It was more of a question of what others run in their Maxx series now days.

ahh i got you and I've thought about throwing a dynamite at my maxx but I've read that the bearings often go out fast and i dont wanna start out replacing the bearing in a brand new motor. And actually I'm pretty sure I'm going to run a rossi 2.5 in my max once my 3.3 takes a crap on me

I have a Dynamite .21 in my 8ight- t. I havent had to replace bearings and I've had it 3 years. Only downside in my opinion is that its owned by Horizon Hobby. Nothing wrong with Dynamite I just dont care much for huge companies like Horizon.

Yea i havnt heard many bad things about the bigger dynamite motors just the smaller ones for the t maxx and revo. But I've decided I'm going to put a lrp .28 spec 3 in it. I've got a coupon code for 20 bucks off on a 150 or more order for tower hobbies so ima use that.

Just try to keep the front wheels on the ground haha. I know someone who has an HPI Savage with a .30 OS engine and 3 speed tranny. He can't keep any wheels on the ground in a straight line with a wheelie bar lol. Too much power.

ill try to once I get it haha I actually ran across a savage xl and xss kit for with parts and a venom charger today for real cheap so the motor is on the back burner for the time being

lol. The guy I know just has the original Savage, the X is huge compared to it. Savages are also nice, but the popularity of monster trucks has died a lot since the truggy is way more fun to drive IMO. I havent run my maxx in 3 or 4 years. It hasnt been the most reliable piece of equipment I own. Not by a long shot.

moster trucks are really popular where I live bc there arent any rc tracks or anything around here its just bashers closest track to me is like 4 hours away. I love my monster trucks but if there was a track closer I would prob lean more to the truggy I really like runnin my buggy to tho hell I like running any nitro rc

Back