Painting Body Tips

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeabajuice

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have an associated GT2 and I am soon going to paint my own body. I am afraid I am going to mess up. Can someone give me tips to prevent this and tips on what paint to use and how to paint.

Thanks

Last edited:
I know youtube has loads of how to painting walkthroughs. I use Pactra paints & they do me well

If you are going to use rattle can, get some of these...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/201_1615_1617/n/Paint-Supplies-Lexan-Paint-Spray-Paint

Wash the inside with soapy water and make sure you get any lint or anything like that out too.

If your trying to do some kinda design, mask it off really well and make sure the edges are real smooth so you dont have bad edges.

Make sure you do light even coats and let them dry. Rushing is one of the main reasons a piant job will end up sucking.

Last edited:
First tip....

..accept the fact that you're more than likely going to mess up.

Ask any of us who have painted a lot and we'll all tell you that our first few bodies were absolute bloodbaths. But don't let that discourage you. Patience is the key. Take your time. Plan the paint scheme out well before you start painting. And go slow. If you're patient and meticulous you'll do pretty good. Just know that your second paint job will be a bit better than the first....and so on....

Take some of the scrap you trim offthe body and spray a couple pieces.Remember with metalics if you spray it to wet its gona build heavy in spots and look like crap when your done.light coat /a beer/ light coat /a beer light coat/ a beer.Dark colors first otherwise you will see shadows its just reverse of how you would normally paint something. Good luck lets see it when you done.:D