paint inside or outside

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish i would have had this stuff the time I used acetone to strip the chome off of two sets of Savage wheels so i could dye them. Ill never do that with acetone again. 🤢🤢🤢
Been a pretty cool little trick for some time now. I have stripped chrome off all kinds of stuff with it. If you have an ultrasonic cleaner it works even better.

Wish i would have had this stuff the time I used acetone to strip the chome off of two sets of Savage wheels so i could dye them. Ill never do that with acetone again. 🤢🤢🤢
Oh man that couldn't have been good bud.. I hope you did that out side

Oh man that couldn't have been good bud.. I hope you did that out side
I did use a respirator but it filled my apartment with fumes that I ended up breathing in afterward and made me feel quite ill for several hours. That was the first and last time I really used acetone. Could have been worse though. At least I was using a respirator while I was actually working with the stuff

I did use a respirator but it filled my apartment with fumes that I ended up breathing in afterward and made me feel quite ill for several hours. That was the first and last time I really used acetone. Could have been worse though. At least I was using a respirator while I was actually working with the stuff
Yeah man good thing you were wearing that bud.. Could have been really bad. Oh man

Went to the auto parts store and bought some bendable painters tape and ordered some Tamiya spray paint. Windows are masked off and paint is to arrive Thursday. Fishing Friday. Painting on Saturday. Will post results.

Went to the auto parts store and bought some bendable painters tape and ordered some Tamiya spray paint. Windows are masked off and paint is to arrive Thursday. Fishing Friday. Painting on Saturday. Will post results.
Hell yeah buddy can't wait to see what you've come up with. 👍👍

Hey guys,

Have a P-L F-100 Tough-Color (black) body for install on my MT10. Wondering if I should do a PolyCarb back-up on the inside of the body?

Black is the molded in color and is opaque when held up to sunlight. No light comes through the body. P-L painting instructions that came with the body are generic for clear bodies. All the clears I have done have had a back-up or final sealing coat. Underside is a really shiny black. Not necessary for this tough-color? What think? 'AC'

Attachments

• S6304493_resize RCT.JPG
    S6304493_resize RCT.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 31
  • S6304495_resiz RCT.JPG
    S6304495_resiz RCT.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 27