P shaft nitro engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig911

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys,

its time to get a new engine for the tamiya TGS and I'm struggling,

i found one fairly cheap but it was rear exit exhaust other than that it would have been perfect.

i dont want to spend much cash on the new engine for the TGS around £40-50 ( would consider used )

i need help finding an engine that uses a P shaft crank shaft and side exit exhaust size .12-.18

it has to be P shaft as i need to use the tamiya pilot shaft and clutch bell,
The TGS clutch bell uses 2 different sized clutch bearings and will only fit on the tamiya pilot shaft and the clutch bell is the only one that will mesh with the gears in the transmission case

currently I'm using a thunder tiger .12 engine with the tamiya FS.12 crankshaft so if push comes to shove i dont mind switching the crankshaft again

so to reiterate and be too the point i need a engine between .12-18 that uses a P style crank shaft and side exit exhaust

Hmmm.... P style crankshafts are outdated now, they're all SG style now- So I'd just look into changing your clutch.

Anyways, I did find one- I don't know whether its any good but it fits you criteria:
os max 12cv-r(P) w/10a carb
link: http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/34114/?gclid=CLqe3NHEocYCFQjMtAodqS4Caw

Here's a list of discontinued O.S engines that might help you find something else.
http://www.osengines.com/parts/discontinued.html

I couldn't find any discontinued nova's with side exhaust and P crankshafts.

thanks for the reply i have seen a couple, like i said i want to spend as little as possible on this car,

i may end up picking up a HPI .15 new on ebay for £40 that i found but before i do I'm going to see if i can find anything for less

thanks for the reply i have seen a couple, like i said i want to spend as little as possible on this car,

i may end up picking up a HPI .15 new on ebay for £40 that i found but before i do I'm going to see if i can find anything for less
I would have replied,but not sure what you mean by p shaft.
I'm thinking that its a cut shaft for the application,which they sell
the different size threaded pilot shafts for cut cranks.

image.jpg

Anything less than that is pushing it- it'll be MUCH lower quality and in the long run you'll end up spending more on it than you would if you bought a higher quality mill in the first place.

I would have replied,but not sure what you mean by p shaft.
I'm thinking that its a cut shaft for the application,which they sell
the different size threaded pilot shafts for cut cranks.

image.jpg
P shaft is just a variation of crank type- other ones include SG, EFRA, Nova Turbo and others.

the HPI .15 has turned up and been fitted,

had to mod the engine mount plate on the tamiya as the HPI engine sticks out at the bottom, i will be uploading a few pictures tomorrow

first 2 tanks have been ran for breakin, I'm very happy with the engine

the HPI .15 has turned up and been fitted,

had to mod the engine mount plate on the tamiya as the HPI engine sticks out at the bottom, i will be uploading a few pictures tomorrow

first 2 tanks have been ran for breakin, I'm very happy with the engine
Good to know that you're happy with the engine :) If you need anymore help you know where to come :)

bit late but here are the pics of the car and a video of her running

here she is running recorded via iphone 5 excuse the quality

here are the pics

Engine fitted with modified mounting plate
IMG_1149 (1080x810).jpg
IMG_1150 (1080x810).jpg

not my best work with an angle grinder but got the job done
IMG_1149 (1080x810).jpg
IMG_1150 (1080x810).jpg
IMG_1151 (1080x810).jpg
IMG_1152 (1080x810).jpg
IMG_1153 (1080x810).jpg
IMG_1154 (1080x810).jpg
IMG_1155 (1080x810).jpg

IMG_1151 (1080x810).jpg
IMG_1152 (1080x810).jpg

here she is sat next to my savage that's soon to have big bores hopefully next week,

IMG_1153 (1080x810).jpg
IMG_1154 (1080x810).jpg
IMG_1155 (1080x810).jpg

bit late but here are the pics of the car and a video of her running

here she is running recorded via iphone 5 excuse the quality

here are the pics

Engine fitted with modified mounting plate
View attachment 16311 View attachment 16312

not my best work with an angle grinder but got the job doneView attachment 16311 View attachment 16312 View attachment 16313 View attachment 16314 View attachment 16315 View attachment 16316 View attachment 16317

View attachment 16313 View attachment 16314
here she is sat next to my savage that's soon to have big bores hopefully next week,

View attachment 16315 View attachment 16316 View attachment 16317
Look's pretty good to me! as long as it doesn't falll off then it's worked :p Glad to see that your getting it dirty and enjoying it :)