Overland_RC Element Enduro Knightrunner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With 3d printed RC parts, getting the parts orientated properly on the bed is key. Can you share a screenshot of your slicer with the part orientated as you printed it?

That, and if your parts are breaking fairly easily, you might be under extruding and not even realize it. Have you tested your extrusion multiplier?

What printer do you have?

Surprised about the breakage. :( Looks really good but that doesn't matter if it's to fragile to hold up to minor rollovers.
Yeah, I went back to stock bed rack mounts for now while I research new filament types for more durability.
With 3d printed RC parts, getting the parts orientated properly on the bed is key. Can you share a screenshot of your slicer with the part orientated as you printed it?

That, and if your parts are breaking fairly easily, you might be under extruding and not even realize it. Have you tested your extrusion multiplier?

What printer do you have?
I printed them sideways, so the layers are just separating at weaker points. When I tried from the right side up the layers would separate that way as well. This is just cheap PLA through my Ender 3 though
20211005_194828.jpg
20211005_194823.jpg

I was thinking of either going with a flexible filament, or having them printed in resin

Did you design the parts yourself? That design is going to have braking points no matter which way you print it. I would suggest printing in multiple pieces. I can't really tell from the pics what the part does, but that cross piece with the 15 holes in it, if you printed that separately laying down, or standing on its edge, and extended its length behind those uprights and either glued or screwed it into the upright from behind, you would increase the structural durability greatly. You could recess it into the upright pieces into a notch. It would never break even on hard falls that way. If you did design it, and can send me a STEP file, I can modify it to show you what I mean if this doesn't make sense.

Did you design the parts yourself? That design is going to have braking points no matter which way you print it. I would suggest printing in multiple pieces. I can't really tell from the pics what the part does, but that cross piece with the 15 holes in it, if you printed that separately laying down, or standing on its edge, and extended its length behind those uprights and either glued or screwed it into the upright from behind, you would increase the structural durability greatly. You could recess it into the upright pieces into a notch. It would never break even on hard falls that way. If you did design it, and can send me a STEP file, I can modify it to show you what I mean if this doesn't make sense.
It's from Knight Customs in the Overland Files Set. I never thought of separating it into multiple pieces though, that's a really good idea considering that the areas it breaks in each layout are all different! Thanks for the tips

Looks awesome and beautiful colors.

Back