Over extending to passenger side?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SenorWickedStix

RCTalk Rookie
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I’m upgrading the servo on my Scx24 and it seems like to the passenger side it’s over extending. I’ve tried relocating the horn over a tooth but then it seems to overextend to the driver. Any thoughts on how to fix this or is it was it is?

Are you using the stock transmitter? If so...

Center your wheels with the steering trim knob. Then procede to next step.

Turn the wheels all the way to the right and hold it there. Turn the dual rate knob down until the wheels turn away from lock. Repeat turning left.

I should add, it's better turn turn the dual rate knob down first, and adjust it up until you reach full lock, then back off slightly. You don't want to hold your servo in a bind for very long, as it can burn it up.

Last edited:
Are you using the stock transmitter? If so...

Center your wheels with the steering trim knob. Then procede to next step.

Turn the wheels all the way to the right and hold it there. Turn the dual rate knob down until the wheels turn away from lock. Repeat turning left.

I should add, it's better turn turn the dual rate knob down first, and adjust it up until you reach full lock, then back off slightly. You don't want to hold your servo in a bind for very long, as it can burn it up.
Yes stock transmitter. I will follow the steps. Thanks. 🙂
Not sure if I’ll be able to explain this right. I’ve got the endpoints set now. (Which by the way is the best explanation I’ve ever received so thank you!!!) The servo seems to be very vibraty, for a lack of better term while steering each direction. Seems like it’s struggling as well. The stock one didn’t seem to make the vibration/noise. I’m thinking of putting the stock one back for comparison but could the new servo be bad already? They’re cheap enough so it’s not a huge deal but would be a bummer. Lol
The box for the servo was like this and stuffed into a bag so my first thought was it was a return that got repackaged. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 3F5EAD44-6907-4EE6-8D12-198ECA59EF03.jpeg
    3F5EAD44-6907-4EE6-8D12-198ECA59EF03.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Yes stock transmitter. I will follow the steps. Thanks. 🙂
Not sure if I’ll be able to explain this right. I’ve got the endpoints set now. (Which by the way is the best explanation I’ve ever received so thank you!!!) The servo seems to be very vibraty, for a lack of better term while steering each direction. Seems like it’s struggling as well. The stock one didn’t seem to make the vibration/noise. I’m thinking of putting the stock one back for comparison but could the new servo be bad already? They’re cheap enough so it’s not a huge deal but would be a bummer. Lol
The box for the servo was like this and stuffed into a bag so my first thought was it was a return that got repackaged. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I dunno. It seemed fine in your video. Is it different now?

If it is jittery, I'd send it back and buy the Ecopower 827 servo and Hot Racing mount.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/ecopow...ear-micro-servo-high-voltage-ecp-827/p1310408

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...er-steering-servo-mount-hrasxtf24m01/p1234773

Here it is on our Deadbox build.

Lol it just doesn’t sound the same as stock. Not a big deal. I’m just gonna run it and probably pick up another in the near future just in case. Plus I still have the factory one for spare as well. Thanks again for the endpoints help. Definitely made it easier for me to understand. Now I feel like I can do my other two cars properly. 😁