Oval track racing !!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JESSE G

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just met a guy in a Colorado local Forum and him and his buddies have there own oval track where the meet at and race for fun. It sounds like a blast and I'm thinking of getting into it too. By the way I also found he his a member here also goes by Dirtracinfool. His car is freaking awesome its a Inferno 10 that he customized into a oval racer he locked the center diff and pulled the front diff out to make it rear wheel drive only. All of the guys build there own cars he was telling me a lot of them use Rc10,s. Its so cool I found someone in my area who is into nitros :) and competiton. Have any of you done anykind of racing like this and what do you think of it. I was also wondering what you guys thought would be a good car to start off with for me to build my own racer. I should be finally getting some money coming in woo hooo but will still be on a tight budget so I'm going to have to keep that in mind when I build this. Here is a pic of his car this thing is insane!!! Hard to believe it started its life as a buggy lmao!

supra7cl.png

It all ways nice to beable to run around with other people.
Now you can go out and really enjoy the sport!

I am thinking about buying some property and putting in a dirt track And a high bank oval for running rc sprint cars 1/4 scale

Yeah its kind of boring just driving around the yard by myself lol. My wife told me we should do the same thing buy property and build a Rc funyard lol I was like HELL YEAH!! hehe. I'm looking foward to getting a new rc well new to me ill probally buy something used, Have any ideas what would be somthing to start with. also just got to do some convincing to the wifey lol, she's cool though and the hobby keeps me happy and out of trouble lol

Jesse check out the vid Iposted in the mills pond thread...that's the concrete oval w/ some RC10GTs converted into NASCAR type racing......80 bucks for the conversion kit to make an RC10GT or LOSI XXX-NT into one..then the late model body is about 30 bucks......I don't really like watching the Oval races when they do the Electrics cause every one is all scared of rubbing....the gearbox racers are all about rubbin....they get crazy.....

Ill do that Plaid it will take me and hr to dl it lol but that ok. I have dial up. These guys have been taking rctgt's and modifying them themselves Dirtracinfool said he would help me build one. And Isnt trading paint part of the sport lmao!

I have to hold myself back from getting one myself...I just can't justify another RC right now.....I got some good news today and I should be stayin out o da big house fo sure...I need to sell some and keep just what I want to race now...XB-8, Muant maxx & I want to keep my TC3 and 1/18th scales for messin around w/ too.....the oval stuff is cool to watch but the guys into it are like ex NASCAR drivers and they are way too into it for me to even think of competing.....I mean $650 mills to play crash derby w/ is a little crazy to me.......

Yeah thats what I like about these guys, one of them has a paved track in his back yard lol and they are building these cars out of parts they make or use off other rc,s. They dont have tons of money and do it for fun. Sounds like something I'm intrested in. I'm really glad the legal stuff is working in your favor finally lmao congrats on not going to the slammer, now just be a good little boy and try to stay out of trouble for now on lmao!

I have half and hr left on the dl and its halfway done lol told you it would take and hr slow ass thing hehe. Well my baby girl is asking me to take her to bed. Ill check out the vid later and let ya know what I think :)

Jesse, Thanks for posting that pic of my car! The other paved oval cars are actually Nitro TC3's that use HPI a-arms to widen the stance. The dirt oval cars that are being built consist of RC10GT's and of course me being the one who likes to be different, my Kyosho Ultima ST-R GP. LOL I'll get pics of the NTC3 and pics of the converted GT's and Ultima (when they are done) and post them here as soon as I can.

pissant, Rat raceways forum was where Jesse and I met. Ross has a killer track set up there, hopefully we can get up there sometime soon and see how many parts we can destroy! LOL

DRF

I was thinkin about racing my rc10gt in dirt oval, and i think it would kill the competition, but i don't think .21's are race legal in that either!!! I wanted to race paved oval with it too, but it isnt legal there either!!! Oh well... at least i own all of my friends!

DirtRacinFool said:
Jesse, Thanks for posting that pic of my car! The other paved oval cars are actually Nitro TC3's that use HPI a-arms to widen the stance. The dirt oval cars that are being built consist of RC10GT's and of course me being the one who likes to be different, my Kyosho Ultima ST-R GP. LOL I'll get pics of the NTC3 and pics of the converted GT's and Ultima (when they are done) and post them here as soon as I can.

pissant, Rat raceways forum was where Jesse and I met. Ross has a killer track set up there, hopefully we can get up there sometime soon and see how many parts we can destroy! LOL

DRF

I've seen pic of Ratraceways track and it looks like lots of fun!! I would love to take my Maxx up there and see how far I can make it fly lmao! I love the car Dirtracinfool that car is sweet :). I wanted on after you sent the photos to me. I think its so cool you guys build these cars out of whatever works. I have a rustler like that hehe I'm running T-Maxx shocks and a modified chassis to lighten it up, It was exremely fast with the 10 turn electric motor I had in it lol, but I slowed it down for my son to drive he,s 6 and doesn't have the quickest reflexes lol. I had to run for my life before when he drove it :jet:

New Oval Body

Well guy's, Jesse posted a pic of my oval car with a body I did two years ago, which by the way used to be an HPI Toyota Supra. LOL This new one is a HPI Mazda RX-8, or at least it looked like one when I bought it! :thumbup:

Attachments

• Copy of LTO5.JPG
    Copy of LTO5.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 142
Thanks Zandor! It's cool watching 4 to 6 of these things racing on the short track we use, they do look cool. I'm starting to build a dirt oval car now, the bodies will look more like the EDM open wheel mods everyone is used to. Kinda like this EDM body thats made by McAllister. http://www.mcallisterracing.com/racing/200 EDM -3C.JPG
We are using sheet lexan to make our own, hopefully i'll have it done and pics posted soon. :D

DRF

Back