Ordered traxxas 4wd slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you talking about rolex?

And Yeah I love the greg alder edition body which is the one you have.

4 wheel parts body is greg alder! The only cool body IMO inless you paint ur own.

is there such a thing as flat black paint for these bodies, I seen a pic online but wasn't sure if they had scuffed the plastic or if it was paint because I wouldnt mind painting a whole truck that color

Oh, I'm sure they have flat black paint. Check ur LHS next time ur their.

anyone ever use window tint paint. I bought a can for my helicopter, and the window is very narrow about 2 inches wide. I did a super light coat and in about 5 min the paint all collected in the narrow groove nothing at all anywhere else. I was able to wipe it clean with alcohol. I have no idea what the plastic was, lexan or whatever. That may have been the mistake.
How does this tint work if I ever want to tint a truck window, since its flatter will it work better? I had no idea it was so runny or I would of never used it

Good news, my dad picked me up the body I wanted
it looks really nice
but I think it was like $55:(

here is video from yesterday, testing the brakes
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv7kJgitwgU"]YouTube - Untitled[/ame]

here is the new body, this is what I wanted them to send me
P4262484.jpg

added motor heat sink
P4262495.jpg

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=TRA1522

I may order another one, I sort of cut mine out a hair too big, plus I can use it to make a longer heat sink to cover whole motor

I have 2 runs where I measured the temps of the motor, esc and battery
so now with the heat sink I will check tomorrow and see if it helps any, and also tomorrow I have the esc fan coning in too and I think a lipo battery so I will have a few new things to try out

Whats the word, How are you liking it? How is it holding up for you?

Good, I have a weird bug with the esc. At first I was only using the supplied NIMH and after 3 min if I rolled to a stop, it would take effort to get rolling. It would sit there, I could press trigger 2,6,20 times and nothing. Seemed I had to pop into reverse then it may go forward.

Got some lipo, set esc to lipo mode and same thing after 3min.
If I'm out driving around not a big deal, but I'm my backyard its small so I may have to stop alot sometimes it gets stuck and sits there.

I will see how bad it gets before I contact anyone about it. I've noticed if I roll the truck while its not responding it will then go. So I'm not sure if its the motor or esc not sensing something

So far it beats my dads blitz, top speed and drag racing but his drifts and then spins out of control, while mine shoots straight like a bullet

after the crash I lost all other footage, I lost the drag races everything

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O41qk4oMsyo"]YouTube - traxxas slash[/ame]

Well I think it's hit or miss with the vxl esc some work with no problems and some are crap right from the get go. You might look into but play with is some more befor you buy a new.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXLeOQ3tQwk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Traxxas Slash 4wd[/ame]

looks like your camera took a beating lol

yeah, surprisingly no damage. its a go pro and in its sealed uderwater case. so even if it breaks its only a $40 case, the camera will be fine
I'm not trying to hit the camera on purpose, but get close action shots

I bought the Slash 4x4 Ultimate. It's been holding up great except for the small collision at full throttle with a tree. ;) New bash guard and drive shaft.

Other than that I can tell the body and mounts take a beating. You might do some Shoe Goo to when it's fresh and upgrade the body clips.

Back