Ordered traxxas 4wd slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikegigabyte

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So what upgrade options are there. What goes bad on them. I've been reading up but would like to hear from anyone who has one.
One weird thing does it use fluid in the diffs? Thats a new one for me.
Of course the bastards at wow hobbies screwed me on shipping it out a day late, looks like monday now when I should of had it today. I'm really pissed at that because I could of drove 20 min away and got one from a local store.

BTW I still drive a mint original nitro T Maxx never replaced one thing but the engine when I first got it, my decision.

So I'm not hard on my vehicles and dont destroy them.

My dad has a 2wd hpi something. I love 4wd so I figured it was the electric or the nitro traxxas version

Sounds great. I have heard that the slash is a very very Strong rig.And the 4wd helps quite a bit it puts all its power down. Were as a powerful 2wd just wheelies away lol.

Thanks.

hopefully its as fast as my dads hpi. He has a mamba motor and esc I think
but I think his diff is messed up, I see leaking all over it because when we turn sharp its really loose. I wonder if his uses fluid too and thats whats leaking out, causing it to slip at sharp turns. He never drives it so we never really looked at it.

I just like the look of those trucks, since mostly all my life I've had the tall wide wheels

I saw a video saying the springs suck, and they changed them out but didnt say what type.
Any suggestions. I dont want to get shocks yet, but would try springs.
Do they make real beadlocks, like metal ones. I have a sweet set on my losi MRC they were like $130 for them but are super nice.

Should have bought mine! It was RTR And their wasn't much more you could have upgraded. But congrats on the new rig.

Proline had great beadlocks for the slash 4x4

Proline also has a great set of powerstroke shocks for it as well

MIP for drive line's

RPM for all your plastics

And castle creations, You can mamba moster your slash 4x4 and one up your DAD!

Looks like to me that they widened the whole truck but only for 2WD's. Now i dont know if they make it for the 4x4's. For racing Having the truck wider would inturn make it more stable as you saw in the video. Now i have never run the kit so its hard to say. Now you Said you got a slash 4x4, I have personaly never had a problem with handling, If you take the time to set up your truck to your driving style I hounestly dont think you would need a kit like this, just some good qaulity parts like RPM for duriblity. Just some things to think about.

looks like fed ex is hooking me up, says out for delivery today. I was expecting monday so I'm holding back my excitement until the truck really shows up. Who knows what time so now I'm stuck waiting all day, no one here reliable enough to cover for me.

I ordered a new battery online, thinking the truck will get here monday but as long as the truck has one thats fine. The battery I got was 1/2 off here is the specs
Stickman RC 2S Li-Poly 20C Hard Case Battery Pack w/Traxxas Connector (7.4V/3700mAh) (SRP3700-20C) = $34.99

All my 2s batteries are for my MRC but I have a ton of 3s if I ever choose to use those. I dont think I will but who knows. I did order a traxxas fan that clips on the esc, also a spare spur gear, I hear rocks tear them up. I saw a pic online to solve this problem using neoprene. I may try that.
I also seen some use this product
http://www.tgndistributing.com/pre-filter-shroud-en-2-3.html

I'm going to see where I drive if thats needed, plus I need to see exactly how the truck works and what the problems are before I buy that because maybe I dont need it. I will most likely be 90% street type surface, 10% dirt type or grass

Well I'm loosing it waiting here. Been 13 hrs since the truck has been out for delivery. Still says that. There is no way they run this late, its 9pm
I'm yelling at every car coming down the street because its not fed ex. I've wasted the WHOLE DAY HERE waiting.

WHERE ARE THEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate waiting. I have had my truck for 4 monthes now, never had a problem with the spur although i do have an extra. +1 on the outerwares their grate, few freinds have them, the only reason i dont get one is because i dont like how their moutned.

Proline has you covered for grate on road tires and wheels.

The only thing i sujest to you is get a higher c rating on ur batteries, 20c is cutting it close but other then that I think your going in the right direction!

KEEP ME POSTED on how things go.

they never came to deliver it, from what I found online since I got ground shipping and not home shipping they dont come saturdays, they will keep on truck and just go right past my house. But I guess home shipping wont come on mondays. So I guess it will come monday, even now it says out for delivery.
So wow hobbies and fed ex screwed me, if its on the truck riding around just drop it off.

Last edited:
Yeah sorry man We all know how you feel.

So what are your plans as far as upgrade's?

Well first I want to try out the stock motor and esc before buying a new one. Only because I dont want to invest too much yet. I ordered a motor heat sink, and a traxxas cooling fan for the esc. Along with 2 2s lipo batteries since I dont have any. I will use the nimh until those show up.
I'm changing out the radio first thing too.
Still deciding weather or not to change out the rear bearing with the king headz. Mostly I want to get the truck first. This way I dont but too many parts then find out for some reason I can't get the truck, even though I have other options to get one from other stores.

I plan on doing the sharpie mod to the front of the drive shaft to keep dirt out, I read mine should come with the longer drive shaft cover so if it does that will protect the rear gear, if not I will order that longer cover.

I really have no other plans until I get it and drive it for a while. I'm sure later I will upgrade the motor and esc

More than likely it meant it was loaded onto the local truck, but it IS a holiday weekend. You'll see it Tomorrow. (Monday)

What radio do you plan on going to. I would sujest a dx3s, Or a Airtronics m11

http://www.airtronics.net/index.php...11-4-ch-2-4g-fhss-2-radio-tx-rx-only-m11.html

Your truck should come with the longer cover mind did and i got it 4 months ago.

The vxl system is great, dont change it intell something goes wrong. I got the castle creations Short corse system and I regret it. I'm selling it and going with the mamba monster system which will do what I'm looking for. But for you stick with the vxl!

+1 on the king headz, I have the motor mount and bearing adapter and works better then stock and it will keep the power going to where it needs to be!

Sounds great man, hope this helps

I have been using a spektrum, some 3 model memory one I believe. It was pretty limited. I got this one, under $40 free shipping got it next day
10 model memory, rx has button to set for when it looses power you can set it to brake, so thats nice for the nitro truck
Its also 3 channel, so works with my t maxx and the rx's only cost $7 so I got 5 extra
It has what looks to be a drag brake setting, and alot more features plus a huge backlit screen

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html
79P-GT3B-CarRadio-LCD-05.jpg

for the price, and free shipping, next day delivery its not too bad, of course I've only had a few days so I'm still messing with it. Only 2 times I ever ran into glitches with the spektrum where the nitro took off full throttle of course. I had one of those devices to add brake but was not compatible with the spektrum, but since this new rx has it built in its perfect

Yeah I'm not going to do 3s lipo, so I'm sure the esc and motor will be fine. Unless my dads totally smokes mine I think it should be fine. He has the mamba max pro I think, he said it cost more then the truck
I will put my gps on his and mine to see the speeds

here is a quick video of my dads blitz from the other day
soon I will post mine
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2EiDnfhuGE"]YouTube - HPI Blitz[/ame]

Last edited:
Yeah The vxl will beat the mamba max pro speed wise, but the mamba max pro gives amazing tourqe if he has the 4 pole motor.

Good news, my truck came in, all accessories included........ but didnt get the body they shown in the ad. Its okay but I wanted the all black one with red wheels. I'm going to complain and see what they will say because most likely I will buy the color I want, which will set me back at least $40?

here is what they show, no other description in the ad
TRA6808-large.jpg

Of course I know all other websites say that you may get a different color, so I was prepared for that but still if you show a pic of a certain color and no other notes then I expect that color

here is what I got
0425111323.gif

So I went in and put in my rx so I never tried the traxxas one, one big problem it takes forever to stop. I will look into the esc to see if I can adjust if not I will try my tx, it has alot of settings so maybe I can somehow make the brake skid to a stop, it takes like 20 feet to slow down.
Do others take that long?
Also my steering is trimmed to the left max and still goes slightly crooked so I need to reset the servo horn. The Nimh seems a tad slow accelerating but it wasn't fully charged either. Hopefully my lipos come in quick. But I will get max speed and temps with this Nimh battery

Dude I want ur body, How much will you sell it for?

What this new sliver black one, its hideous

I'm going to send out my dad tomorrow to see if any shops have that black one I wanted, I highly doubt the online store I got mine from will do anything about it

Back