Opinions on Exceed RC?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatelax

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
What do you think about exceed rc? Do you think its a great car with a great price? Or do you think its a piece of crap? And when I say exceed rc I specifically mean the forza. Please reply. Thanks!

The Exceed car I own is a piece of crap... But I've moved up to a Baja 5b so that may be a bit biased ;) but it would be a good budget car if you're first starting out.

If it were me, though, I would look into something more like a thunder tiger or a duratrax. Both are supported way more than the Exceed but still have lower prices.

I'll go somewhere in the middle. I'd say it's a very good (not great) car at a great price. I sure wouldn't call them "a piece of crap" though. Parts are hard to come by unless you order from them. Parts are cheap, but shipping is a killer. He needed a $3.00 part, and the shipping was $8.95. His car starts every time with little to no trouble. Was easy to tune, and runs like crazy. The only parts that have broken was caused by his abuse. Although a spur gear did strip once. Bottom line; yes there are better cars out there. But I would not hesitate to at least suggest the Exceed for a beginners car.

I don't think that comparing an Exceed to a 5b is a fair comparison.

Last edited:
I looked into gettine one just to meat around with and neither of my hobby stores stock parts so that was my deciding factor.