opinions on a better engine for RC10GT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leaNMachine

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
i have a megatech m-16 on it now and its ok but I'm looking for a better engine,I'm not even sure where to start,dont really know my scale or what measurements the engine would have to be,any input would be great.....ty

If you have the cash OS is the way to go. One of the .18 motors would be more than enough power for an RC10. I had an 10 CVR in a T-maxx and it had more than enough power for that.

If you take your engine out, take the flywheel off and take a couple photo's of it, we can get you linked right up to a good engine.

I believe the RC10 comes with a rotary carb, side exhaust engine, just not sure about the crankshaft. Whether it's standard threaded, short threaded or pilot. I'm pretty sure it's threaded, just not sure if it's short or standard.

As CosmosGoat suggested, an OS18CV-R(X) is a good engine for you though if your a basher.
Short: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGGP8&P=ML
Standard: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGGP7&P=ML

I had one of those once for a HPI NMT (4wd predecessor to the MT2) and it did really well in that truck. Good power, low temps, easy to tune. Fairly typical for OS. ;)

They are rotary carb with a side exhaust. And like old97 said they are super easy to tune, run very consistent temps and have great power.

O.s.

Yeah i found a new os on ebay for 100.00 and checked it out specs wise,actually i like the motor alot and being that its alot cheaper than i paid for this megatech new,anyway thanx alot for the replies,this will be the motor!!

engine

any os engine is awesome,i have os 15 in some and os 18 in another

very very easy to tune well worth the money

Yeah i found a new os on ebay for 100.00 and checked it out specs wise,actually i like the motor alot and being that its alot cheaper than i paid for this megatech new,anyway thanx alot for the replies,this will be the motor!!

Be careful buying it off ebay for that price. Make sure it has the carb and pull-start assembly. A lot of people part out engines and sometimes are somewhat misleading on their listings as to whats included, or not included.

O.s.

That is a very good point,its a new engine and it was only that cheap beacuse that was the bidding price at that time,but it also has alot of days left,i really want this engine but i might just break down and buy it for the asking price of $130,soon as i have it i will let you guys know how that worked out!!

Well, if your gonna pay $130 on E-bay, why not just order it from tower hobbies? You know for sure that you will get it from tower, never know when shopping on E-bay.

O.s.

lol,i knew i would get that after i posted,for sure i will buy it from tower hobbies,only really browsed ebay to see what the had and i thought i would do myself a favor and get it 30 dollars cheaper but I'm a bow hunter and I've learned a great lesson and that is ,you get what you pay for!!!!

Back