On-road nitro- Or stadium truck or buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smurfola212

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm not sure about what would be the best, I would be racing at some parking lots and parks near my house where some guys race. I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas about what the best cars are in all of those selections. I can spend up to 380 dollars. If you guys got any to sell I would be interested. Yeah.:jester:

Smurf

First off I would suggest finding out what the guys you will be racing with are using, touring cars, stadiums, or monsters, you don't want to show up with a monster truck and everyone else has a touring car. Second I would find out which models your hobby shop carries a good supply of parts for. You don't want to be left out of a race for a $3 part because you bought a car your hobby shop has no parts for.

BTW Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Thx rc. They are all using on-roads and nobody else uses stadium trucks, I'm thinking of getting a on-road for sure. But I can't decide, I need some advice. Their cars can top out at 45mph or so. I want somthing that can go faster. Can you help? :dumb:

Traxxxas 4-tec 60 MPH

i too am going to buy an on-road and i ofcourse have a limited budget.
i think i am going to buy a tc3 or a 4-tec. i like the support of my lhs of the tc3, but i like traxxas aswell.
I'm leaning more towards tc3 though.

ill tell you this, i wont buy an hpi rs4 because as I've said before ...i dont want what everyone else has.

I've seen the traxx 4-tec but I also was thinking of the tc3 too. Also I saw this car made by hotbodies, the tornado. I hear its a decent car. What do u guys think??:dumb:

Ide say go with the 4-tec or the tc3.

Originally posted by NCNitro
First off I would suggest finding out what the guys you will be racing with are using,

BTW Welcome to the forum :cheers:

That would be me!!! He pm me and he lives neer where we run!

We run Serpents, NTC3's, GT4's, 4Tec's, Savages, Tmaxx's, Mugens... Just no electrics!

Come down this weekend and you could choose which car is good for you.

MJ

i have a 4tec it is a pretty good car i can't say vs anything else as its the only on rd car i have had

I like the TC3 series myself, but, something that caught my eye even more was a customized RC10GT with on-road modifications. That thing would do 70 no doubt :) Was a bit more expensive than 300 bucks after everything, but I liked it :)

here is my 2 cents -

skip the 4tec - although it is a good car - it is too fast, too fragile, and doesn't handle well enough for a beginner.

get the NTC3 pull start kit along with an OS .12 cvx or cv-rx.

this way you will have to build it, so you will learn where things go, and how they work as you move along - now when you crash - and you will crash - you will know how to fix it. The kit is VERY easy to assemble in a weekend and the NTC3 is most likely the best built, best handeling car out there today. I own one and cannot believe what an awsome car it is. It is extremely fast once you have broken it in, and is shaft drive so the parking lot debries wont tear up your belts, like they will on the 4tec.

NTC3 kit - 260.00
O.S. .12cvx - 90.00
Hitec Lynx radio - 60.00
Total - 410.00 = pretty close to your budget?

Dang right, belts do suck... I hate seeing someone bring in a belt and have to get another one. As a matter of fact, just a couple days ago... My fried put his xxt up on the selling board because he has to repair his belt drive assembly.. With his layoff that sucks. I told him just glue it back together then sell it.. Do they carfax RC's? :p

I'm most likely going to get the hpi rs4 SS. It seems like a good setup for me..I'm still gonna look at the NT3

Well, Remember. Sometimes you don't want the "top o da line" to start with. The price would first kill your budget, then if you trash it.. You'll be pissed. When you get that $400 piece of investment, and that curb that came out of nowhere shows you how really fragile it is... It'll change your mind. Sometimes it's good to go with what fits the budget. Just remember this, you WILL have parts go bad, break, tear, rip, scratch, self destruct.. bleh bleh. So sometimes it's better to get a "beater" that is cheaper to fix and keep on the road, then the most expensive that may not be as easy to keep on the road. Then when you're well experienced, you can get that hotrod that everyone dreams of and YOU can be the center of attention. :) Think of it like this.. If you had a $100,000 porsche 911 turbo, and a 1984 Chevrolet Chevette, which would you rather destroy by learning how accidents happen? :) Just a thought.

Back