Older version Traxxas Rally brushless model conversion help to Delta Plastik

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landonspop

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Traxxas Rally (2014 purchase) from before the current model. The brushless, 4wd, 1/10, 325 wheel base model. Mine is mostly stock, still like new. Nothing I have done changed dimensions. Replaced 3 items with aluminum and added sway bars.

I want to put a Delta Plastik race car body on it. https://deltaplastikusa.com/collections/traxxas-slash-bodies/products/0165-1-5-porsche-911-gt1-evo
My car is 296mm wide and the DP is 310. Wheel base is the same. My wheels would be inside body 7mm.

I would be willing to change wheels/tires to a more street look and go to 17mm, if better or needed.
I would really like a matching set with slightly wider rears, if possible.

That is all I know. I have spent a few days trying to do math, but everyone does not always give sizes on tires.

I need help putting this together. Hopefully someone has done this or knows a lot more than me.

New here and a novice RCer

RC

Is my wording creating issues foe getting help? Please ask questions.

I would love to help ,but I don't know about either ,I do know that Traxxas was odd in their sizing ,the slash bodies
were extra wide ,I used a slash Baja body on one of my 1/8 scale Mgt.'s an fit perfect ,but the slash is 1/10 scale!

I did not see your post ,maybe Rolex can help when he see's the post!

Good luck ,an that is a good looking body!...:thumbs-up:

Yes, I have realized the body size is equal to a 1/8 GT-1. 325 wheelbase and 294 width.

Road tires would be a GT 1/8 to match hight and width of my tires. My tires are 1.75" wide and 4" tall.

So I agree, it should have never been called a 1/10. This is what was misleading for a beginner. 1/10 truck tires are all over the board. But they are usually outside of the body, so it doesn't matter.

1/10 Street tires are 3.5" tall and 1" wide.

So I know I need 1/8 GT tires. 4" high and I have seen 1.5-1.75 wide. 4" high is perfect. Width will leave my wheels tucked inside body, not to edge. And I need to convert from 12mm hex to 17mm. The adapter would add 6mm of the 7mm. Is 1mm of tire clearance enough?

I may need adjustable body posts and I am not sure if I need shorter shocks.My avatar is my goal.

The body says it fits slash and rally.

Yes, I have realized the body size is equal to a 1/8 GT-1. 325 wheelbase and 294 width.

Road tires would be a GT 1/8 to match hight and width of my tires. My tires are 1.75" wide and 4" tall.

So I agree, it should have never been called a 1/10. This is what was misleading for a beginner. 1/10 truck tires are all over the board. But they are usually outside of the body, so it doesn't matter.

1/10 Street tires are 3.5" tall and 1" wide.

So I know I need 1/8 GT tires. 4" high and I have seen 1.5-1.75 wide. 4" high is perfect. Width will leave my wheels tucked inside body, not to edge. And I need to convert from 12mm hex to 17mm. The adapter would add 6mm of the 7mm. Is 1mm of tire clearance enough?

I may need adjustable body posts and I am not sure if I need shorter shocks.My avatar is my goal.

The body says it fits slash and rally.

I don't know what might fill the void of the fender wells ,not sure on 1/8 scale tires!

I had bought these because of traction issues ,they will fill a void!...:cool:

I don't know what might fill the void of the fender wells ,not sure on 1/8 scale tires!

I had bought these because of traction issues ,they will fill a void!...:cool:

What is the hight and width of those tires?

What is the hight and width of those tires?

I seen your post ,but I will need to measure them ,I can't remember what the wide ones were ,but they are 1/10
an have the size 12 mm hex!

Here is the pic difference from a normal sized fronts which is about 26 mm ,the rears may have been 50mm!

Also ,here you can see how much they stick out from my Zonda body ,it don't look good ,but if they were tucked
in the wells ,they would!

The front ones look perfect. My tires are 4" tall and 1.75" wide. Have you thought about cutting your front body posts shorter and painting silver to blend in?

Last edited:
The front ones look perfect. My tires are 4" tall and 1.75" wide. Have you thought about cutting your front body posts shorter and painting silver to blend in?

The wide tires ,I measured at , 2 1/2'' tall an 1 3/4 wide.

If they are not tall enough ,then you might can try the 1/8 scale ,they may give you more height ,but
the wheel hex maybe different size!

I may not understand on what you are trying to acheive ,so I am thinking that you are turning the rally into
a road car ,my understanding of a rally car ,is a off road car with dirt tires!

The wide tires ,I measured at , 2 1/2'' tall an 1 3/4 wide.

If they are not tall enough ,then you might can try the 1/8 scale ,they may give you more height ,but
the wheel hex maybe different size!

I may not understand on what you are trying to acheive ,so I am thinking that you are turning the rally into
a road car ,my understanding of a rally car ,is a off road car with dirt tires!

The Rally is for off road, but tires are for both dirt and pavement. I want to change into a Delta Plastik 325mm wb - 310mm wide.
My avatar is one of the ones I am looking at.

I match the wb, but am a little narrower. With my tires I have I need an additional 5-6mm. I could change 12mm to 17mm and get new tires, but these are 1/4 narrower, leaving more space from tire to body edge. First choice is to use existing tires.
Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 2.16.43 PM.png

The Rally is for off road, but tires are for both dirt and pavement. I want to change into a Delta Plastik 325mm wb - 310mm wide.
My avatar is one of the ones I am looking at.

I match the wb, but am a little narrower. With my tires I have I need an additional 5-6mm. I could change 12mm to 17mm and get new tires, but these are 1/4 narrower, leaving more space from tire to body edge. First choice is to use existing tires.View attachment 121997

Oh ,well the tires I showed are for high end racing ,they are the only ones that I could find for the width as
I was trying to tame the car from going to full donut stage on take offs ,still didnt work ,it has way too much
power ,rendering that car as a shelf peice!

But ,those tires do come in many widths I beleive ,an you might can check them out ,they are a solid foam style!... :cool:

Back