Old School Rc18B

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, its not that it keeps breaking and I have to replace and buy it over and over, is just things that fail and its an easy fix, but with that, I'm so tired, and trying to have fun with these (racing them) is pointless since I either get a DNF or DNS for a main or even a qualifier, for one stupid screw, or a wheel falling off, or transponder not counting laps. While my AE and Losi, they made several races and I actually win and have fun. And same case if I just go for some practice laps. Most cases, I'm off the track within a few minutes.
Well something specific must be consistently breaking
my brain is.
My brain is constantly doing updates, its a non stop thing. 🤣

Well, its not that it keeps breaking and I have to replace and buy it over and over, is just things that fail and its an easy fix, but with that, I'm so tired, and trying to have fun with these (racing them) is pointless since I either get a DNF or DNS for a main or even a qualifier, for one stupid screw, or a wheel falling off, or transponder not counting laps. While my AE and Losi, they made several races and I actually win and have fun. And same case if I just go for some practice laps. Most cases, I'm off the track within a few minutes.

my brain is.
My brain is constantly doing updates, its a non stop thing. 🤣
You need the Rustler 4X4 Ultimate. And also get a Slash 4X4 Ultimate while you’re at it; 4WD>2WD

You need the Rustler 4X4 Ultimate. And also get a Slash 4X4 Ultimate while you’re at it; 4WD>2WD
I think the new sct410 2.0.will be better for bashing and racing. I really don't want to support Traxxas anymore. But still the thing is I can't really sell it and have money for that Tekno l.

Well something specific must be consistently breaking

I'm going to take the bait and will share my experience racing Spec Slash to include the following common breaks I saw daily where the local on site shop would invariably run out of parts and I took it upon myself to carry enough spares to keep the program going locally (at the time when I used to race this class):

* Cracked shock caps - required aluminum upgrade
* Stripped shoulder screws from front/rear shock towers which needed to be replaced often
* Bent shock shafts
* Cracked shock pistons
* Snapped bell cranks
* Snapped front caster blocks - required aluminum upgrade
* Bent front king pins
* Stripped servo gears - required aluminum servo upgrade
* Snapped servo savers - required upgrade
* Snapped rear chassis support
* Snapped rear hub carrier - required aluminum upgrade
* Snapped drive shafts at the cross pins
* Stripped spur gears - required aluminum plate upgrade on gear box

Pretty much everything imaginable are design flaws that Traxxas refuses to address and force their customers to spend extra money on upgrades.

Many clubs will restrict certain upgrades which limit durability as well :(

I no longer race the Spec Slash class and have chosen to boycott Traxxas for reasons discussed here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3067295-Boycott-Traxxas

Back