Old DJI Quadcopters

• Thread starter Penguin Fart Racing
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin Fart Racing

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
A member of our local AMA Club passed away and his wife sold all his stuff. I got a good price on several boxes sight-unseen. In the boxes were lots of DJI parts along with a fairly complete PHANTOM 2 and a PHANTOM 3. I do have an FAA Registration and T.R.U.S.T. Certification. These old birds will suppliment my TELLO and MAVIC AIR 2. QUERY- will a PHANTOM 3 bind correctly to a PHANTOM 2 transmitter ?

WoodiE, sorry I dropped the ball on my XMAXX upgrade timetable. Will get to it A.S,A.P. The club sale and its'aftermath were too irresistible!

@Penguin Fart Racing I believe it depends on which Phantom 2 transmitter you have, if I'm not mistaken. I "think" the regular Phantom 2 transmitter will bind with a Phantom 3. I do not believe it will work if you have a Phantom 2 Vision transmitter.

You can give it a try by following these steps:

@Penguin Fart Racing I believe it depends on which Phantom 2 transmitter you have, if I'm not mistaken. I "think" the regular Phantom 2 transmitter will bind with a Phantom 3. I do not believe it will work if you have a Phantom 2 Vision transmitter.

You can give it a try by following these steps:
Thank you. Will let you ,now what happens and all about the WIDE X-MAXX, PRO-,INE HD SHOCK, and video upgrade as soon as it occurs. Just a little tangentially thing. My replica Regenerative 2-tube AM Radio is going painfully slow. More PI X soon

Resizer_16581612390081.jpg

The Phantom 3 is a great bird especially if you got them cheap. The 3 is still going for around 1k. I have the P3 Pro that I've logged a lot of hours on., Good fun. Enjoy!
The Phantom 3 is a great bird especially if you got them cheap. The 3 is still going for around 1k. I have the P3 Pro that I've logged a lot of hours on., Good fun. Enjoy!
You must have a lot of free time on your hands, lol

You must have a lot of free time on your hands, lol
Thank you !