Okay, WHO DID THIS?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I edited the following post as a 'favor' in order to remove that useless word, "Awesome".
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109361 Post #5.

Now, look what it says under my name, by my Avatar!!! :angry:

Rolex
Super Awesome Man!
rcntstaff.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing Godale03 must have put in a special request to a certain administrator asking him to make the 'adjustment' to my profile.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AWESOME
The American adjective. A concept, object or act whose worth lies somewhere between non-objectional and life changing.

Use: in leiu of all other adjectives.

We defeated Hitler. Awesome!
We have kettle chips. Awesome!

A 'sticking plaster' word used by Americans to cover over the huge gaps in their vocabulary. It is one the three words which make up most American sentences.
The American vocabulary consists of just three words: Omygod, awesome and poop.

An overused adjective intended to denote something as "cool" or "great" but instead winds up meaning "lame." This is actually a reflection of the lameness of person using the word, the degree of which is directly proportionate to difference between the user's perspective of the so-called awesome object / person / situation and that of a reasonably sober, well-informed observer.

"This pizza is awesome" (when the pizza in question comes from a food court at the airport)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, @WoodiE? What do you have to say for yourself?

Last edited:
素晴らしい

häftigt

здорово

impresionante

genial

Awesome

That is the most awesome title I have ever seen on this most awesome site!!
Did I mention that this was AWESOME!!!

I got this same lesson from my 18 yr old daughter. I was on the phone when I said awesome for some reason. She yelled Dad!

I stopped and had to think about what I was saying. I didn't remember dropping any F bombs.

I asked her what? She informed me of the lameness associated with the word awesome. Apparently I'm too old to have known this.

Oh, so awesome means means lame now. I get it. Rolex really is AWESOME, now... =devil

Last edited:
It's a losing battle. :doh:
@sv250, I'm impressed by the extreme brilliance of your daughter.
Tell her to keep up the good fight till no one EVER uses the word again.

Damn it @Rolex, would you put some pants on when you talk about his daughter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just for you Rolex you probably sing this while waxing you RC's

Back when Spicolli said it the word actually meant something.
Today it's become absolutely meaningless due to its constant over use.