Ok thinking of getting a new buggy for this season coming its between 2 help me out

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domination

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
How you guys doin i havnt been around much at all, but I'm going to start spending more time on here.

But anyway I'm pretty so try and sell my savage and t-maxx and all of my other unneeded stuff, and get my self another buggy. currently i have a Kyosho MP 7.5 with some K3 parts and cvds etc. I got this used in the first place (hardly used) so i was in prestine condition when i got it but I'm thinking of getting a new one for next season one thats going to handle a little better and be a little bit faster.

The two I'm stuck between is the Kyosho MP777 special edition 1 OR the Xray XB8. I'm leaning more towards the MP777 because i currently have a kyosho and i absolutly love it! This hasnt given me any problems once so ever except for some broken parts but that comes with the territory and i think ill be pleased with another kyosho but i need your guys help to sway my vote in one direction.

Thanks alot guys i check back when i get a chance.

Well I am pretty sure that you will save money going the 777 SPecial one as opposed to the XB8. I think the XB8 is too trendy for me. But I would get one later down the line. The 777 Special one would be the way I would go IMHO.

I have an XB8 and absolutly love it. Build was great, being able to tune the suspension without optional parts is good. All the drivetrain components are HUDY spring steel which flex but dont break. Seeing a kysoho before and now having an XB8 i would prefer the XB8 over a kyosho.

Well man, I think you answered your own question. If you like what you have now and what you've had in the past then go with the 777. With the quality of products today, I think you'll be satisified!

With your choices, The 777 Special 1.

If money isnt an Object, Get the MBX5 Prospec. IMO It's the best buggy out.

If you are a K guy and can get parts easily the K would be my choice if I were you. You just cannot go wrong with the quality and design of a K buggy, that has been tried and true for years.

All i think is the xb8 hasnt proven itself as a very high quality racer. Where as the mugen and kyoshos have. Personaly i would go with the mugen.

"All i think is the xb8 hasnt proven itself as a very high quality racer"
Wow tell that to Gene Hickerson, who had done well with the car, and the Wheeler brothers, who just switched to it.

Tose are pro drivers granted they have done good, you have a point. At my track not too many.

Ya but it came out mid year last year and is still new. This year will tell, allot of new cars racing this year.

this will be the year of the xb8 ! for sure

Back