Oh yaaa

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to put a new regulator/rectifier in the wife's ATV in the morning and then we are headed up with the ATVs in a couple days. I'll post some better pics.
That would be cool. The farthest west I have been is Colorado. I really wish I lived there now. I would be in crawler heaven.

I agree. We drove through a little portion of Colorado on my trip back from Texas but it was the not so pretty portion of Colorado.
Moav Utah is the 4x4 capital I swear. Check out some videos. I would love to take the ATVs and crawlers up there for a few days.
8 hour drive for me though but absolutely stunning country.

Sunday morning is the best time to bash anywhere except a church. ;)
My thought exactly. I always check hours and even pop up a weekend before to check it out. I love days after holidays that involve drinking, everyone sleeps in.

I'm mostly in new subdivisions. My last true commercial property was a homeland security office.

A friend and I was even in a bad neighborhood at a church one night I want to say 11pm as it was 2008ish. Cop pulls in and gets out. Asked if we were by the building. She then told us someone was messing around because the alarms were going off. Told us to keep playing as she drove around back.

I'm actually fortunate in my area as far as places to run. I have miles and miles of forest 20 minutes from my house and sand dunes 15 minutes from me.
Also a little town down the road from us "17 miles" there is Clay Peaks Motorcycle Park.
We took a road trip to the mountains a couple days ago but we didn't take any rigs.
View attachment 129951
Awesome place for crawlers and some dirty speed runs... :p
This is also one of the places we ride our ATVs.
Jersey sucks LOL we have the pine forest south jersey and little mountains far north. I say they are more like mole hills LOL. I wish I could load my quad and just go. I got to drive a hr or two before I can ride. I got to get some sand paddles for my RCs. Then I can run on the beach with dunes and a nice backdrop/Atlantic ocean.😁😁 usually I go to some bike trails by my house or my job site. To run my RC or a park
I agree. We drove through a little portion of Colorado on my trip back from Texas but it was the not so pretty portion of Colorado.
Moav Utah is the 4x4 capital I swear. Check out some videos. I would love to take the ATVs and crawlers up there for a few days.
8 hour drive for me though but absolutely stunning country.
I lived in Boulder CO. Back in my twenties wish I never left but life/poop happens. U would also LOVE to get to run Moav Utah. Your are 100% best 4x4 parks and trials you must have drove threw the east side/the south desert area of Colorado. It's like driven threw Kansas. Just open feilds

Last edited:
We drove the Southwest corner between Cortez and Dove Creek. According to the map, it looks like we drove between two mountain ranges.

We went to Colorado Springs and saw all the sights there. Drove up Pike's Peak, and this was way before they managed to get guardrails to stay put and paved roads up it. That was a real treat in a rental car lol. Poor tranny! It was 80°F at the base, and 32° at the peak. Wind was gusting at about 50 mph and the walk from the car to the gift shop was across the most slippery ice I have ever walked on. My ball cap blew off my head just as I shut the car door and it never touched the ground as it blew off the mountain.

Then we headed to the Royal Gorge where I got to drive and walk across the bridge. What a fun day that was. Wind was blowing so hard I had to clutch the rail on the bridge as soon as I got out over the canyon. My wife at the time was terrified of high places. She had her eyes closed for what she thought was the whole trip across. I stopped in the middle of the bridge and said "whew, we made it" 🤣😂😜😁
0caef0ea-6f15-4c9d-b3af-26f902e590ae_820_450_70auto_s_c1.jpg

We went to Colorado Springs and saw all the sights there. Drove up Pike's Peak, and this was way before they managed to get guardrails to stay put and paved roads up it. That was a real treat in a rental car lol. Poor tranny! It was 80°F at the base, and 32° at the peak. Wind was gusting at about 50 mph and the walk from the car to the gift shop was across the most slippery ice I have ever walked on. My ball cap blew off my head just as I shut the car door and it never touched the ground as it blew off the mountain.

Then we headed to the Royal Gorge where I got to drive and walk across the bridge. What a fun day that was. Wind was blowing so hard I had to clutch the rail on the bridge as soon as I got out over the canyon. My wife at the time was terrified of high places. She had her eyes closed for what she thought was the whole trip across. I stopped in the middle of the bridge and said "whew, we made it" 🤣😂😜😁
View attachment 129970

You rented a car to race up Pikes peak?..:hehe::thumbs-up:

You rented a car to race up Pikes peak?..:hehe::thumbs-up:
Hell yeah. It's second gear almost all the way up it. It is supposed to take 2-3 hours to get to the top. I made it in 1 hr and 15 minutes. We were the first ones at the 1st gate when they opened. We made it to the 2nd gate in pretty average time, but still had to go in the gift shop and wait til they opened the 2nd gate. Then it was balls to the wall, wife screaming in the passenger seat, dirt and dust everywhere.

At that time I had my 90 Mustang 5.0 which had a bunch of road race suspension goodies on it and about 450hp. It was setup to run at the road course in Putnamville, IN. I wanted to drive it so bad, but taking it from Indiana to Colorado was just not a good idea. And I would have probably been scraped off the side of that mountain. Almost was anyway a few times lol.

We drove the Southwest corner between Cortez and Dove Creek. According to the map, it looks like we drove between two mountain ranges.
Ok down by Durango. Animus valley it's beautiful in Colorado. All parts

View attachment 129970
We're you able to go sit and relax in the actual hot springs? Such a good time. That's a hell of a bridge wind is crazy and it's a LONG way down LOL she was so happy LMAO🤣🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 129970
We're you able to go sit and relax in the actual hot springs? Such a good time. That's a hell of a bridge wind is crazy and it's a LONG way down LOL she was so happy LMAO🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hell yeah. It's second gear almost all the way up it. It is supposed to take 2-3 hours to get to the top. I made it in 1 hr and 15 minutes. We were the first ones at the 1st gate when they opened. We made it to the 2nd gate in pretty average time, but still had to go in the gift shop and wait til they opened the 2nd gate. Then it was balls to the wall, wife screaming in the passenger seat, dirt and dust everywhere.

At that time I had my 90 Mustang 5.0 which had a bunch of road race suspension goodies on it and about 450hp. It was setup to run at the road course in Putnamville, IN. I wanted to drive it so bad, but taking it from Indiana to Colorado was just not a good idea. And I would have probably been scraped off the side of that mountain. Almost was anyway a few times lol.
Alot of those mountain roads.have NO rails. Especially going over the the passes very nerv racking. I wouldn't go up them at night when first lived there.

Last edited:
Ok down by Durango. Animus valley it's beautiful in Colorado. All parts

Alot of those mountain roads.have NO rails. Especially going over the the passes very nerv racking. I wouldn't go up them at night when first lived there.
No, we didn't even know about the hot springs. Did cave of the winds, Pike's Peak, Gardon of the God, then Royal Gorge a few days later. We only had a week to spend in Colorado. Wished it was a year.

Back