Oh I love tax returns!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alien13

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My new Precision Design tripod

IMG_1240.jpg

Nikkor 55-300 Lens

IMG_1241.jpg

Zeikos camera backpack

IMG_1239.jpg

I also got a 3-pack of Zeikos lens filters and another cleaning kit. All just in time to shoot for my buddies wedding on the 3rd. :D

---------- Post added at 4:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:38 PM ----------

Tripod fully extended with camera mounted.

IMG_1242.jpg

Congrats alien!! That's some nice stuff you got there. I went a big nuts on shutterbug stuff a few years back. Sold a bike to pay for a camera rig :hehe: But it's served me well though, and was a good decision in the end.

I'm paying in this year....I'm estimating somewhere in the $1300 range. OH well....no RC stuff for awhile.

Me, too. Paying taxes is the pits, but I have to help support Rolex's habit.

Congrats on the stalker set up, lol. My wife keeps bugging me about getting a nice camera, but I am lost when I start comparing them.

Congrats on the stalker set up, lol. My wife keeps bugging me about getting a nice camera, but I am lost when I start comparing them.

Lol, I just picked one. Once you get into the higher end cameras, if you're just using it for general use they are all the same. For what I do, it works great. For some reason though, Canon guys think Nikon users are dumb. I haven't met a Canon user who has any advice other than "Buy a Canon." But in all reality, it's just a Ford vs Chevy battle and it doesn't matter.

I have rc stuff coming too! Four more LiPos that should be here on Friday, a Savage Flux HP that should be here on Monday, and a crapload of EC5 connectors that will get here eventually. (Coming from China, seems you can't find them in bulk in the US, maybe I should stock up and become a dealer?)

I already got a battery balancer, and kicked in a sponsorship for a dirt racing tour here in Wisconsin. All my tax money is gone, but dammit, I'm happy! Lol :D

Nice shots on your site alien!

And I agree on the Ford vs Chevy thing. The big factor for me was I have a good friend who's been shooting Canon for 25 years or so, so I knew I had a bottomless well of knowledge close by if I went Canon.

Taxes were nice for us this year. We made 10k more than 2010 and we got about a grand more back so life is good. Definitely paid off that baja from October.