OFNA Rear Torque Brace Mod...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImBroken

Still Lurking...
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I found that the screw that supports the rear torque brace on my Ofna Hyper 7 PCR Pro is not very strong. After several bash sessions, I noticed that this screw taking a beating...

As you can see below, the screw started to bend from the impact of hard landings.
bent.jpg

You can replace this screw...
schematic.JPG

with a Lunsford Titanium Hinge pin, 4 washers & E-clips.
(3 x 50mm)

hingepin.jpg

You will find them here...

The result will be a much stronger support for your rear Torque brace...
ofnabrace2.jpg

ofnabrace.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a great idea!! Very well illustrated!!!

Thats a great idea ImBroken, I have bent a few on my PBS. I was wondering now that you don't get the bending there is there more stress on any other part of the buggy. After you get to bash it for awhile could you let me know.

Thanks

With every part you reinforce with something stronger, such as replacing a plastic part with an aluminum one, you will distribute the stress to something else.

I haven't necessarily found it to be a problem though. Replacing a part that bends a lot with something that won't doesn't mean you'll instantly break something else.

Without advanced computer models there's really no good way to know. But I'd sure rather replace a part that bends/breaks a lot with something that does not, and just see what happens.

I've replaced a lot of stuff on my storm with metal and so far it's been fantastic.

i think replacing that part with the titanium shaft will still allow the unit to flex as it always has..jsut that the titanium will spring back, not stay bent like the steel bolt.

Back