Ofna Lx1 Issues after 4 years idle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxoklmnxxoojr

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone might have any solutions for a problem I'm having. So about four and a half years ago i bought a ofna lx1 and for about 6 months we raced at a local nitro rc club. after that summer though the club closed and there was no wheres to race them so we stopped using them. recently i decided i wanted to pick it back up and i have run into a few problems. So after charging the batteries up checking all the servos and radio i decided to try to start it. I primed the fuel by covering the exhaust and pulling the rip cord till fuel was in the engine. then putting the glow plug starter in i gave a good 80 yanks on the rip cord. With no luck i took off the carburetor filter and put some fuel in the engine. After about 5 pulls it started right up but shortly after stoped due to the fuel in the carb was gone. i check all the fuel lines and everything looks in good order and even changed the amount of how lean it was and the only way i could get it to start was with the fuel in the carb.

So I'm personally not the best with What certain names and parts are called on the car honestly I'm a computer nerd that loves to shoot guns and race rc cars! so sorry if some of my terminology is wrong and if i personally ask and stupid questions. :D

Were you trying to start it with 4 year old fuel? Is so, was it 4 year old in the tank or from the old container? Old fuel in a container can go bad. Old fuel left in the rc tank will go bad.

If fuel is fresh and tank was dry when you started, it could be the fuel tank clunk filter. Residue can coat them and seal it with age. Even though you were able to push fuel by forced priming, a glazed filter can still get enough restriction to keep fuel from being pulled thru it.

Where it did fire any old gunk could have caused the glow plug to foul. So I would replace that with new right off quick.

No doubt the LSN is gummed up with old dried up fuel. Take it apart and clean it out with fuel or lacquer thinner. Remove the O-rings first.

@wwit yes, i did tank out the old fuel :) and yes i used older fuel but it is still good because it is the same fuel that worked when we put in the carb.
@Rolex, kk ill try cleaning out the lsn ill give u a update as soon as i clean it prob tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
Also just another question if anyone knows. Since i haven't been in the scene lately i just found out remote starters for rc cars are more popular. Is there a kit that might fit/work with the lx1 that anyone could recomend

Lx1

I have an LX1 too, and recently took it out of storage. I couldn't start it either:angry:. So I checked the Glow plug, then cleaned out the fuel tank, and cleaned the lsn too. Quick prime and away she went. Bloody good buggy too.:D Mine's got the hpi 3.5 big block in it though. Good luck with yours, I'm pretty sure it'll be something simple that's stopping it. :D

Also just another question if anyone knows. Since i haven't been in the scene lately i just found out remote starters for rc cars are more popular. Is there a kit that might fit/work with the lx1 that anyone could recomend

What engine do you have in it?

right off replace the fuel tank,glow plug and like rolex said clean thbe carb,...I'm talking thorough thorough thorough