ofna hyper st or hpi trophy 4.6?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubberneck

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey guys, been looking at theses 2 rigs. just wondering what your opinions are. are they tough & good basher? i want to do a little racing (not serious) & mostly bashing. also like to do big jumps & beat the hell out it. i got a savage x 4.6 & love it but not much for racing. i drove a losi 8t the other day & loved it but it's a bit pricey. any comments / suggestions are very appreciated. thanks in advance.

I love my trophy 4.6, very durable and easy to tune. The only issue is that spare parts are only available from ebay. I haven't found a website yet that stocks parts.

I love my trophy 4.6, very durable and easy to tune. The only issue is that spare parts are only available from ebay. I haven't found a website yet that stocks parts.

so slinger have you bashed it hard? as for the part problem thats one of the reasons i wanna get rid of my redcat. thanks for input.

I haven't bashed it REAL hard yet, it is still fairly new, not even a gallon through it. It has seen some air time and had some pretty good tumbles and kart wheels w/o issues.

I haven't bashed it REAL hard yet, it is still fairly new, not even a gallon through it. It has seen some air time and had some pretty good tumbles and kart wheels w/o issues.

so part problem do you mean hard to get stock or hopups? i like the 4.6 in my savage, so i'm kinda steering towards trophy, but would also like input on hyper st. thanks for the help.

Hard to get stock parts. I have found almost every spare part for it on ebay though.

I'd personaly would choose hpi over ofna due to hpi having better quality IMHO. Also these parts are going to be easy to get once tower and horizon get their hands on them. I was kinda surprised that ofna did have pretty good parts support for older cars. I own 3 hpis and one ofna myself.

I'd personaly would choose hpi over ofna due to hpi having better quality IMHO. Also these parts are going to be easy to get once tower and horizon get their hands on them. I was kinda surprised that ofna did have pretty good parts support for older cars. I own 3 hpis and one ofna myself.

so are you saying hpi trophy is better QUALITY than ofna hyper st? quality always means the most although part availability is also important. suggestions on other truggys in 400 - 500 range are also welcome. thanks very much for input so far.

i have ofna ultra lx2, and it is like a tank, bashing it soo hard and only thing i have broke was a steering savor.. never had a HPI cars, so i would not trying to compare those two.

so i've been doing alot of research on truggies lately & there are soooo many to choose from. alot of opinons & i think i've come to the conclusion that if i want a really good truggy with good part support & customer support i should just save a little longer & get the losi 8t rtr & i'll be happier. what do you guys think?

It depends on what do u wanna do with ur car. Losi is good, but if u are gonna bash, I wouldn't recommended. I personally likes my monster truck over my other buggies. I have a traxxas revo 3.3, very durable and lots of after market parts. Also it's a good basher,

Good luck making ur decision. :)

It depends on what do u wanna do with ur car. Losi is good, but if u are gonna bash, I wouldn't recommended. I personally likes my monster truck over my other buggies. I have a traxxas revo 3.3, very durable and lots of after market parts. Also it's a good basher,

Good luck making ur decision. :)

yeah i already have a savage x 4.6. wanna truggy to race (not serious) & bash

Back