Ofna Hyper 7 RTR or GS Storm PLEASE HELP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcracer4723

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Which of these 1/8 scale buggies would you recommend. I am new to the 1/8 scale world and would like some info. THe hyper 7 has the 8 port engine, and a am radio where the storm has the fm radio. If I wanted to get into novice racing which one of these two cars would you recommend to start out. I currently have a RC10GT and a T-Maxx and want an 1/8 scale buggy.

thanks,
Josh

Welcome to the forum Josh! I have an rc10gt and tmaxx too, buggies kill em all. Either of those is a great choice. I think everyone should have a good radio, like a JR XS3, then you can also look for buggies like the XTM that come with engine but no radio.

Right, but if I wanted to start racing out of the ofna or the GS Storm which would you recommend? How think is the chassis of the GS Storm? I am looking to spen around 400-450 with a fm radio.

or would you go with a swift?

The storm is a very good buggy.I say get the storm!

I dont know what all the different ofna models are, but I think the Hyper 7 is made by Ho Bao, and is better than most ofnas. Really either one is a good choice, so go with the best price and which one your lhs has the most parts for.

on another thread here in buggies is some advice on the hyper 7 from studysession:

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10612

I have a Hyper 7 PBS. Love the thing. Fast, durable handles great.

Back