Ofna Hyper 7 questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvec7

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a few questions about the hyper 7.

1. Does the RTR come w/ the hyper 21 4-port or 8-port? The hyper 7 RTR page shows the 4-port version, but on the ofna kit matrix it says it comes w/ the 8-port version?!

2. Would the RTR w/ all new radio system (rx, tx, and servos), and a few other upgrades (tires, maybe chassis braces, and a few other things) be a capable basher and racer on a local track? If likely not, then what about w/ a FR21?

3. Where can I get it cheap, low shipping, high reliablilty on the internet for sale?

I would go w/ a MBX5, and get the FR21 and stuff, but my parents would never let me spend that much money at once.

cvec7 said:
I have a few questions about the hyper 7.

1. Does the RTR come w/ the hyper 21 4-port or 8-port? The hyper 7 RTR page shows the 4-port version, but on the ofna kit matrix it says it comes w/ the 8-port version?!

2. Would the RTR w/ all new radio system (rx, tx, and servos), and a few other upgrades (tires, maybe chassis braces, and a few other things) be a capable basher and racer on a local track? If likely not, then what about w/ a FR21?

3. Where can I get it cheap, low shipping, high reliablilty on the internet for sale?

I would go w/ a MBX5, and get the FR21 and stuff, but my parents would never let me spend that much money at once.
if you get the hyp 7 pcr or the pbs it comes with the 8 port..and yes it is race ready.you can't go wrong whit eather rides..all you need to do is put a new steering servo in and you ready to go

i had the hyper pbs rtr and it was a good buggy, like zandor said change the steering servo for sure, and i would recomend changing the throttle servo also so you can get better braking. the bump box that came with it was ok but an upgrade to a 12v would be good also. get what you can get parts for at you lhs. check ebay sometimes you can get them new in the box at a good price.

I'm not talking about the PBS or PCR, I mean the Hyper 7 RTR.

The PCR comes with the 8 port engine, The pcr version is ready to race right outta the box, just break in the engine properly and the buggy will last forever. The hyper pcr never breaks, u'll love it, u almost don't need to do anything to it, everything is great..only thing would be to change the steering servo. ultimatehobbies.com has great deals..

cvec7 said:
I'm not talking about the PBS or PCR, I mean the Hyper 7 RTR.

Give us a link to the buggy you are looking at. The hyper 7 comes in diffrent types the pcr and pbs are both hyper 7 RTR's.

Regular Hyper 7 has 4 port, PBS and PCR have 8 port. I know because I have both. You won't find many regular standard Hyper 7's out there anymore, most are PBS versions. Also the standard has the c hub suspension versus the PBS setup. Pros and cons to both setups. Hope this helps.
Bill

if you're shelling out the money i highly recomend to screw the hyper 7 and get a pbs or pcr instead.

yes.. the new hyper 7 motors.. 8 port.. and 4 port come with the black head.. that is what your thinkin right.. cuz the old 8 ports had a purple head.. now they are black..

Back